revision from sleeve to RNY??

amystimetoshine
on 7/3/15 8:03 pm - Pleasant Hill, CA

Hi, I had my sleeve in 10/2010.  From my high weight I lost 190 lbs.  I have severe reflux.  I am maxed out on acid control meds.  I spent most of the past month in the hospital with esophagitis and aspiration pneumonia.  I am now home getting IV antibiotics and TPN since my esophagus is too irritated to eat.  My doctors are all recommending a RNY conversion.   One concern I have is they also found I have adrenal insufficiency and they have started me on steroids that may be for life.  Right now I am getting them IV and I am waking up most nights choking on acid.  I was wondering if any of you have had this revision surgery for acid and if it was effective?  Also, if you did have revision surgery did you continue to lose?  I have been wt stable for about a year but I am almost 20 lbs above my goal.  Do people usually begin losing again with a new surgery?    Thanks a lot!!!    Amy

HW 319   SW  277  CW 180  GW 169
loops
on 7/4/15 11:47 am - CA

I'm also having a revision... from band to RNY.   My band slipped twice causing pain and Gerd.  I'd wake up chocking from inhaling acid from the reflux several times during the night.  Once the band was removed, the reflux stopped but the heartburn remained.  My doctor said RNY is a better choice for people with Reflux or heartburn and by what I hear it works in relieving those symptoms. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/14/15 3:54 am

I hope the RNY would help you. 

I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency app 2 years ago. I have been dealing with that ever since. It is a learning curve.  Not sure the type you have, I deal with secondary... PM me if you need some help with that. 

There is another online community just for AI. Those people helped me a lot. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

amystimetoshine
on 7/14/15 12:42 pm - Pleasant Hill, CA

Thank you for the replies.  They aren't sure which type of AI I have yet because there is still too much going on to tell what is what.  I couldn't find the AI forum??  Do you know where I can find it and the name?   Thank you so much!!!   Amy

HW 319   SW  277  CW 180  GW 169
H.A.L.A B.
on 7/15/15 2:24 am

The AI forum that really helped me is not on OH.  Really really helped me. I can PM you the link. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics