Pre-Diet Info

loops
on 7/10/15 10:56 am - CA

Hello everyone,

I need advise as to what you guys are eating or ate (if post-op) during your pre-op diet?  I haven't been placed on one.  When I had the lap-band I was just on modified liquids the day before.  However, this time around with the bypass, I want to start one.  My surgery is scheduled for 3 weeks and I wanted to know when you started yours, and what it consists of?

Hislady
on 7/10/15 5:56 pm - Vancouver, WA

You really don't need to do a liquid type pre op diet, just eat like you will be after your surgery. Go with a protein forward eating plan, eat your protein first then some non starchy veggies that will accomplish just as much as any liquid diet will and is much easier on you. Eating like this will also shrink the liver and make it less slippery and that is the goal of the liquid diets too. However this makes it easier for you to follow and that makes it much more do-able. Good luck to you!

loops
on 7/10/15 6:12 pm - CA

Thank you hislady. That doesn't sound too bad, I will be starting that on Monday. 

Hislady
on 7/11/15 6:39 pm - Vancouver, WA

Your very welcome, we don't get extra points for being miserable so no point suffering. Best of luck to you for a smooth and easy surgery!

Most Active
Recent Topics