Reversal of RNY

sandyfeets
on 7/18/15 8:01 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with

I've been on OH for 11 years, so I've seen people come and go. 
I am looking for anyone that has had a complete reversal of their RNY.   I remember a woman almost 8 years ago that had one, but I don't recall the exact details or the long term outcome.
So, do you know personally of someone that has had their RNY reversed?    What might be the cir****tances that led them to that?   How are they now?

Butterfli2005
on 7/18/15 7:36 pm

Reversed as to what?  What she was before the RNY or revised from her current one because of weight gain?

sandyfeets
on 7/19/15 1:08 pm - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with

Reversal means "back to the original state" as much as possible. Reversal..take down the "pouch" revert to a "normal" stomach and reattach small bowel to it's original locations.

Reversal.   Not Revision.  

I said nothing about revisions, as I know plenty of people that have gone through that process, and have resources for that.

Misty1980
on 7/22/15 7:40 pm - edwards, CA

I had RNY in 2006 and had a reverse in 2013. You can message me and than I will add you to my group if you like. I'm also on youtube under Frakenbelly Misty Trask. I know what its like going through complications. I am alive becuae of my reverse but still have some things due to the initial bypass.

Marianne H.
on 8/5/15 6:23 pm - Alanson, MI
Revision on 03/31/15

I had a reversal this past March. I was converted to a vertical sleeve at the same time.  Message me. 

sandyfeets
on 8/5/15 8:15 pm - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with

I am not looking for info from people that have had revision to a different surgery type.

I am looking for complete reversals.

snowball24life
on 11/22/15 7:00 pm - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

I'm having the same exact thing done December 14th. Did you have complications? How long did the surgery take? Are you maintaining your weight loss or have you gained? Sorry for all the questions, I'm nervous as my surgeon said this is a very complicated surgery.

snowball24life
on 11/22/15 7:05 pm - NY
RNY on 05/21/13
Marianne H.
on 11/23/15 12:58 am - Alanson, MI
Revision on 03/31/15

I would love to be able to give you reassurance,  but I've had a lot of trouble with mine.  Stricture,  gastroparesis, and recently a PICC line for TPN as I cannot eat. Friend me on Facebook so we can chat if you'd like.  I'm Marianne Bonito Himebauch.

Most Active
Recent Topics