Bye-Bye LapBand!

Queen JB
on 7/18/15 4:26 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Excited to report that Monday morning at 7:30am, I am finally getting the LapBand out and revising to RNY.

I am really not going to miss this thing... And I feel like it's just giving me one more big "F You" before it goes. Yesterday I had refried beans for breakfast. My GERD was so bad that I wanted to rip my throat out, but I didn't want to be late for work, so I soldiered on and got in the car. Then, (while driving) I had a GERD cough that was so bad that ended up making me vomit. Yes, vomit while driving! Needless to say I had to turn around, shower and change, and be very late to work.

Stupid band, I will not miss you!

michele1
on 7/19/15 9:32 am
Revision on 07/07/15

Congratulations, I will be two weeks out from my band revision to the sleeve on Wednesday and I felt so much better after having that time bomb out of me and I am not even two weeks out.........well worth it!!!! I keep feeling for the alien port though, not missing it either!

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

Queen JB
on 7/19/15 2:54 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

14 more hours with this thing! ...not that I'm counting... ;-)

Congrats on your revision! I hope it brings you nothing but joy and success.

Hislady
on 7/20/15 12:41 am - Vancouver, WA

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Felicity Q.
on 7/20/15 8:55 am
DS on 09/28/15

Sorry to hear about your in-car throwing up experience. I had a close call myself a few months ago - thankfully my DH was driving and he was able to pull over... twice.  I can't wait to have my Lap Band removed. I have grown to hate it so much over the years.  

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

Catsi51
on 7/22/15 9:59 am

I had a band for a year from 2010 - 2011. I never wanted it in the first place but it's all the insurance I had at the time would cover. I was aware of the dismal failure rate with it and thought long and hard before I decided to go ahead with it. I tried to keep a positive attitude and believed if I followed all the rules to a T I would be one of the successful ones. HA! Not so! I had awful problems from the start, with little weight loss (20 lbs before surgery, 30 after, making a total loss of 50 lbs). In the end I had GERD so severe I was afraid to sleep at night; I would wake up with a mouth full of stomach acid and I was sure I was going to inhale some of it and end up dead. By the time I had emergency surgery to have it removed after it slipped, I was so dehydrated and malnourished and in so much pain, I swore I would never put myself through WLS of any kind again. And boy, was I glad to get that thing out of me!

Fast forward to today - 3 years after, I've managed to keep off the 50 lbs I lost but I am still significantly overweight. I have developed health issues related to obesity and I have had no luck in losing on my own. I have watched several friends have phenomenal success after gastric bypass. That got me to rethinking another surgery, and I've made up my mind to try again.They say bypass is the gold standard of WLS and I'm going for the gold!! I am pre op right now and looks like my date will be late Sept. or early Oct. I'm so ready! By now you've had your surgery - hope it has been a good surgery with not too much discomfort and fast recuperation. Good luck in this new phase of your journey to a slimmer and most importantly, healthier you!

Catherine

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Zee Starrlite
on 7/23/15 2:10 pm

awww.  You will do great with your new WLS.  The Band was a trip !!!

Best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active
Recent Topics