Its over whew.....but this time I'm so scared I will eat the wrong thing

whdiamond
on 7/14/15 2:22 pm - Troy, NY

Tomorrow will be a wk since I had the revision to fix my gastric fistula and it hasn't been easy. I fell the day before surgery and thought I only sprained my ankle. Well as soon as surgery was over they x rayed my ankle and I fractured my fibula smh.

Either way my original rouxeny was 2002...now I am so paranoid Im going to eat something wrong during early post op.

Any suggestions Im tired of soup, juice , ice cream and need better nutrition. 

Butterfli2005
on 7/14/15 8:35 pm

I would make soup, like beef or chicken, naturally (ie cook the heck out of it in a pot on the stove for lots of hours) then strain it and have the broth. That worked really well since it also gave me high protein and I felt a hell of a lot better more quickly. Yogurt was another one I did a lot. Creme of wheat too. Also make Jello ice cubes... you can pull them out of a tray and have just one small serving with a little less boredom.  I am wondering if the ice cream and juice are ok for you. Did the nutritionist ok them? For me, both are out of bounds for me. Ice creme also makes me sick when I have it. Juice, as my nutritionist says, is a calorie containing beverage.. and you must avoid them at all cost..they inhibit your weight loss. Basically are empty calories. Juice is especially awful if you are not careful because of the added sugars or alcohol sugars. I most definitely am not telling you what I think you should or should not eat, just offering considerations from my nutritionist. 
Hope this helps!

CarlaN
on 7/14/15 8:54 pm

Sugar Free Popsicles were and are my best friend...Premire Protien drinks are wonderful!!!   

whdiamond
on 7/15/15 9:04 am - Troy, NY

Thank you for the suggestions and the reminders. It has been awhile since I have been on a liquid and soft diet and after coming home I have been just thinking of the consistency and not the calories. Thank you for the reminder, the info is inside my head but it has been awhile since I've used it.

Zee Starrlite
on 7/15/15 1:27 pm

Why don't you follow your surgeon's post-op diet exactly.

Best,

L

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Butterfli2005
on 7/16/15 10:53 am

Me too! I am going to have to dig out all my old nutrition info from the class 13 years ago for the RNY. 

Most Active
Recent Topics