In DFW, considering revision but can only be cash pay. Advice and suggestions, please.

la_maestra
on 7/15/15 10:20 am - AZ

Good afternoon!

I had the lap band back in 2011. I lost 80 lbs on the band before I had severe complications - acid reflux, choking on water, not being able to eat, not losing. Y'all know the drill. Well, my band is deflated and I have gained about 25 lbs back. I am a teacher, so my insurance is crap and doesn't cover jack squat (especially anything weight loss related). This means I have to be a cash pay. I am not rich by any means. 

I guess I am wondering who in DFW has had the revision surgery and paid cash. How much did it cost you? Did you have to wait until you paid off the balance to have the surgery? Who was your surgeon, and how did they work with you? 

I have an HSA, but I have to build it up before I can use it for WLS revision. 

Any suggestions y'all can give would be most appreciated. Thank you so much. 
Tessa

Kathy S.
on 7/16/15 8:44 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

We are so sorry to hear what you are going through.  I assume DFW is Dallas/Fort Worth area.   Here is a link to a list of surgeons in your area that does revisions.  

Surgeons in the Dallas/Fort Worth area

Give their offices a call and see if they have financing.  

Here is a list of companies that finance WLS.

Easy Medical Loan

Financing Solutions

Avant Credit Solutions 

​MedLoanFinance​  

Rise Credit​  

MedicalFinancingSolutions​  

Surgery Loans​  

CareCredit​

American Healthcare Lending​

​United Medical Credit​

You may also want to research your options going to Mexico for your surgery.  If you are interested let us know at [email protected] and we can send you links to surgeons profile.

Good Luck to you!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Felicity Q.
on 7/16/15 9:34 pm
DS on 09/28/15

Hi Tessa,

I am in the process of undergoing approval for my 2011 Lap Band to a RNY in Texas. I decided on Barker Bariatric Center which is based out of Dallas (but also has offices elsewhere in TX). They really have their act together.  My insurance does cover about 50% of the surgery cost after a deductible, and their estimate to me was about $5000. According to http://www.bariatric-surgery-source.com/cost-of-gastric-bypass-surgery.html#unitedstates, the average cost in Texas is $17,490.  Hope this helps!

Laura in Texas
on 7/17/15 5:26 am

I would drive to Mexico and see Dr. Alvarez.

https://www.endobariatric.com/

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Skinnytiff
on 8/8/15 5:44 pm
VSG on 01/30/12
On July 15, 2015 at 10:20 AM Pacific Time, la_maestra wrote:

Good afternoon!

I had the lap band back in 2011. I lost 80 lbs on the band before I had severe complications - acid reflux, choking on water, not being able to eat, not losing. Y'all know the drill. Well, my band is deflated and I have gained about 25 lbs back. I am a teacher, so my insurance is crap and doesn't cover jack squat (especially anything weight loss related). This means I have to be a cash pay. I am not rich by any means. 

I guess I am wondering who in DFW has had the revision surgery and paid cash. How much did it cost you? Did you have to wait until you paid off the balance to have the surgery? Who was your surgeon, and how did they work with you? 

I have an HSA, but I have to build it up before I can use it for WLS revision. 

Any suggestions y'all can give would be most appreciated. Thank you so much. 
Tessa

Did you call Kim Bariatric Institute? Dr Kim did my sleeve 3 years ago and I have several friends who used him for a revision. Hes a great doctor and the office staff is wonderful. The after surgery support at KBI is out of this world with monthly support groups, monthly fitness groups, a private patient only facebook support group that does all kinds of 5k/10k events, montly breakfast and dinner get togethers, fun event get togethers and we are going on our very first KBI cruise in September!

cuppyb
on 8/12/15 8:07 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with

I used Dr Alexander in Dallas and they have financing options

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

Most Active
Recent Topics