Done!

Queen JB
on 7/23/15 1:23 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Surgery on Monday to remove the Lapband and revise to RNY was a success!

Turns out I also had a hiatal hernia that needed repair, and lots of scarring, too. No surprise.

I can't believe what good shape I am in, already! I am barely napping, up and about, and the only really bad pain comes from getting up and off the couch to a standing position, but once I'm up, it's fine. I showered with no problem and went for a nice walk outside today. Swallowing is already easier without the band--it's remarkable.

I hate the drain--yuck. And I am allergic to adhesive tape and latex, so it is really hard to keep the drain wound from leaking/bleeding unless I put tape on it, but otherwise NO issues.

I am not even a little bit hungry, though so it's a struggle to keep up with the requirement s for shakes and water, but I am keeping up and hanging in.

I hope this will encourage others to take the plunge to revision. I was pretty scared about complications and recovery time, but so far this is an even easier recovery than just putting in the band! 

Butterfli2005
on 7/23/15 2:26 pm

I am doing the same! I had surgery on Monday and feel just like you do. Although I don't technically feel hungry, I could easily graze if I let myself. Your surgery was slightly different from mine because I went from a RNY to a eRNY. The surgeon did tighten up my pouch, as well as bypass as much as was medically acceptable / legal to do. But I feel so darn good. I just am scared the surgery itself will fail. Or I will not be able to fight the grazing and go back where I was. This is my last chance and I don't want to screw it up. I have worked so hard to get here.. I cannot fail!

Felicity Q.
on 7/23/15 5:10 pm
DS on 09/28/15

That is so great to hear! It's refreshing to know that the difference will be noticeable so close to the revision surgery! I sometimes feel like my lap-band is a demon inside me just playing tricks and torturing me until the day I get the darn thing out!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

Hislady
on 7/23/15 7:12 pm - Vancouver, WA

I'm thrilled for anyone who gets rid f their band it is such an evil terrible device!! Try holding a pillow against your tummy when you get up and down it will help hold things in place so it won't hurt as bad!

Most Active
Recent Topics