Surgery Pain and Recovery: Lap Band Vs. Sleeve

I_am_so_over_this
on 7/24/15 3:37 pm

I had to have an emergency lap band removal a couple of months ago and am planning a sleeve revision. For those of you who have had both, what was the recovery process like? Was the surgery worse with the sleeve than with the band? 

Dinky75
on 8/3/15 1:10 pm

I had Lap Band removal a month ago and just had Gastric Bypass.  I think the reoovery is much harder this time around.  The thing that i think has gotten better is the emotions I felt the first time, like being overwhelmed, thinking I was hungry all the time, and depression just arent here this time.  I'm more sore post-op than I was with the band... Good Luck to you!

I_am_so_over_this
on 8/3/15 3:31 pm

Thanks for the info! If you don't mind me asking, why did you go for bypass instead of sleeve?

Dinky75
on 8/6/15 11:20 am

I initially wanted sleeve and was approved by my insurance. My physician and nurse suggested that the bypass would be a better fit long term for me. Before the band I had Type II Diabetes and the malabsorption part of bypass helps with diabetes in the long term. I am 1 week out of surgery and so far so good!

Baby1234
on 8/13/15 5:27 pm

So most of you had 2 part surgeries?Band removal then waiting period then revision.Does insurance pay for both procedures?How does one get an emergency lapband removal?

Most Active
Recent Topics