Losing Slowly

MrsIzzy
on 7/28/15 3:31 pm - Toms River, NJ
Revision on 07/01/15

Hi All,

I had RNY originally in April 2007, lost 140 lbs kept it off for awhile but gained it backed over time.  Turns out my original pouch was made too large, etc. My new doc in NJ did a revision on July 1st to a Duodenal Switch so far I've only lost 21lbs. I feel like I should be down more. I'm back to work,  back to normal.  Even pretty much back a "normal " diet.  I'm starting cardio and drink my protein shakes. Any ideas  or advice?  My husband says this might just take time.  He had Duodenal Switch surgery about 2 weeks after me and is already down 30 lbs!!!! Talk about fustrating!!!#

Hislady
on 7/28/15 9:21 pm - Vancouver, WA

Revisioners almost always lose slower than virgin surgeries, don't know why it is, that's just the way they go. I think 21 lbs is great for 27 days, that is almost a pound a day. You are always going to lose slower than your husband so don't make it a competition, guys also lose faster than women in regular life so there is no way you will ever lose faster than he will. Just keep doing your own thing till you get where you are happy and let him go on his own journey!

MrsIzzy
on 7/29/15 3:19 am - Toms River, NJ
Revision on 07/01/15

Thank you! I didn't know Revisioners lose slower but I guess it makes sense and 21lbs down is nothing to laugh at, my husband was saying last night I'm better off now than I was before surgery so I have to look at the positives and try not to get discouraged. Now I'm only 21lbs away from 199 too so that's a new goal to look forward too. Thank you for your kind words and reassurance. This is harder the 2nd time around! 

Hislady
on 7/30/15 4:58 pm - Vancouver, WA

I totally understand!!! I had a lap band and lost hardly anything with it and because I have bad lungs and no extra money I had to just have my band removed, it was causing horrid pain so HAD to come out. I couldn't afford a revision because I had to pay for band removal and my lungs are too bad to have any unneeded surgeries so I am going it with no revision and no band anymore. It is tougher but I just try to take it one day at a time. Getting under that 200 mark really fired me up to work even harder at it and so far so good. Slowly one day at a time I am getting there and so will you!!

Baby1234
on 8/10/15 7:24 pm

Mrs Izzy who is your doc?I am a Jersey gal.

northeastjeans
on 4/7/16 8:46 am

Can you please tell me how long it took from the time you found your surgeon to the time you actually had your surgery? How many appointments and procedures did you have before the surgery and what did they include? I had GBS in 2003 and need revision- I am seeing my surgeon on 4/22 and I am counting the days!! I am hoping to have this surgery before summer so I can loose some weight for the beach!! Thank you for any info you can give me.

Most Active
Recent Topics