A Revision has been suggested......

Calliou
on 8/8/15 12:32 pm
RNY on 03/27/12

I had RNY in 2012. No issues, no difficulty at all. Labs always good, total loss of 120 pounds.

Came on a 12 day motorcycle trip through the southern United States and ended up in the hospital with severe abdominal pain. Had to have surgery due to a perforated bowel from an ulcer! The Dr here was able to repair the perforation, but he also stated that I have a gastrogastric fistula that has occurred since my surgery, meaning that the reason my labs are good is because my pouch AND my excess stomach have once again connected and I am absorbing nutrients in both places and that is why I have been able to eat more and have regained 17 pounds! Gah!

SO therefore, the Dr here wants me to contact the Dr in Indiana and tell her what is going on and to request a revision. He did state if she does not understand or does not want to do the revision, to come back here and he would do it.

Geez... of all things to happen while on vacation. I wonder if my insurance will cover a revision?

MsBatt
on 8/8/15 2:44 pm

Since you have the fistula, you've got "medical necessity" on your side. I suggest you look into the Duodenal Switch.

Most Active
Recent Topics