Approved - Band out revising to the sleeve!

Karen D.
on 10/9/15 5:00 pm - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

I just got the call last night that I was approved. I'm having my band out on 11/24. The band hasn't been my friend for probably 5 years but I won't ba**** It has helped keep me from being on the next season of My 600lb Life. I know if I didn't have it, I would be so much bigger than I am. So hopefully all will go well and he can do removal and revision at the same time.

I've got my exercise and weight lifting habits set, have tweaked my eating to healthier alternatives over the last year, I've lost 60lbs so I'm ready to see if the sleeve can get me to goal!!

shannonkm7
on 11/3/15 7:47 pm

I am having bad out and sleeve done this Thursday (11/5) wish em luck and keep me posted on your progress!

Shannonkm7

L. 68
on 1/20/16 8:23 am

How are you doing Shannonkm,

Did you get both done at the same time, have you lost weight, any regrets? please respond as im waiting for my upper GI xray on January 25th so see if i can get both done at the same time . oh i am banded and want to revise to sleeve.

L. 68
on 1/20/16 8:21 am

how r u doing with revision Karen,

Did you get band removed and sleeve done at the same time

Karen D.
on 1/24/16 8:25 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

HI - yes I did have them both done at the same time.  I'm doing so much better.  No sliming, no throwing up...it's heaven!

I can eat small amounts and be satisfied.  I wish I had done this a long time ago!

L. 68
on 1/25/16 9:16 am

Hi Karen glad to read that you are doing well..  I cant wait i went today for my upper GI and barium esophugus mobility xray (this morning to be exact) lol  and the doc who did it said my doc will be able to view results shortly.  he said it was good let hear the real results when my doc calls me.  lol  i want to have this all done before the end of February and on my way to recovery....and weight loss lol

how much weight have you lost so far ?  you had it done in November right? about 2 months now.  are u happy do you have any regrets you should be back on regular food right? did you have to do 2 weeks of liquid 2 weeks on soft and then food.  ??

rblain

shannonkm7
on 1/20/16 8:31 am

Hi there -

I did have both done at the same time.  I had surgery Nov 5th. I fee great. I find that I don't seem to have as much restriction as other people so I have to watch what I eat.  It's fantastic to be able to eat whatever I want - it's easier to eat healthy that way.

i lost 30 lbs right off the bat and hen stalled for a bit.  I am now down a total of 45.

Good Luck!

L. 68
on 1/25/16 9:23 am

ShShannonkm7,  Great job you lost 45lbs in 2 months are you having regrets? the stall is normal your body is trying to catch up with all the weight it just lost.  Are you near goal what is your goal and expectations.   

rblain

Most Active
Recent Topics