11 days out Lap to RNY help

nininn
on 11/13/15 8:24 pm - RI
RNY on 11/02/15

Hi,

I have questions..I had my band out a couple of years ago and just had RNY.  Lots of scar tissue to get around.

My question is, 11 days out, I don't really have pain anymore but I am exhausted to the point of only being able to get up and walk around for a little bit without feeling weak/tired.  Is this normal?

I am getting most of my protein and sipping water all day, taking my vitamins and still feeling like crap!  I don't feel sleepy tired but more lazy tired where it takes a lot of energy out of me.

I don't remember this with my band back years ago...any suggestions?

Thanks!

"slow and steady wins the race..."

MaryFulps
on 11/15/15 9:34 am

Hi -

I had RNY on September 28 & experienced the same thing. It will pass.  You're not eating much, and your body is getting used to your new configuration.  I have much more energy now and feeling better than I did pre-surgery.

Keep going - it will get better!

Mary

Ashley in Belgium
on 11/16/15 6:39 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Normal - you are still recovering from major surgery and your body needs rest.  And with the tiny amount you are eating you are going to feel weak for another few weeks.  Then things will et back to normal energy and you will feel terrific. 

Make sure you are taking your supplements as well.  For me B12 is very important and it effects my energy levels tremendously.  

Good luck!  Hope you love your revision and that things go well for you.

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

mwoods1234
on 11/16/15 2:36 pm

I had my revision band to bypass on  9/28 as well.. I think it took me a good month before I had any energy again.

If you are getting in most of your protein and water you are doing fantastic!!

Just keep doing what you are doing, it gets better every day that goes by.

Michelle

janwillbthin
on 12/21/15 5:38 pm
RNY on 04/26/14

I started throwing up blood 2 weeks after my revision and had a leak that became an infection, listen to your body andvgo see your dr

Jan

Most Active
Recent Topics