RNY to Band in 2011- now band slipped!

NikkiMarieP
on 11/21/15 4:16 am - Williamsburg, VA

I haven't posted here in quite awhile but I'm panicked! I had a RNY in Feb 2004 and lost about 100 lbs...shortly thereafter I became pregnant and went on to have 2 children, in 2011 I had a lap band revision after gaining all the weight back. Things have gone great since losing 100 lbs again and fast forward to now I gave birth 4 months ago had a csection and tubal ligation. I ended up in the ER 2 days ago for abdominal pain and was sent home with the info my band had slipped. I spent yesterday with a surgeon  ( new to me since I moved to a new state since last surgery) after an upper gi, band empty and 2nd upper gi I was sent home I return in 2 weeks to attempt a fill. He said it must have been causING a blockage for awhile because my stomachis swollen there and with the band empty took several minutes for barium to go down...I'm scared after reading about lots of band issues! This was why I opted for RNY initially and now I'm living in my fear! Has this hapremed to anyone else? Do I have any other options if I have to have it removed? I'm so nervous! Thanks for reading...

Hislady
on 11/27/15 8:38 pm - Vancouver, WA

I have to admit I know nothing about bands over a bypass just that with regular bands that once they slip they tend to keep slipping and are as a rule removed. You might want to investigate a DS but that type of revision is very involved and takes a surgeon with extensive experience. There are only a few in the whole world so would involve travel. Even putting a new band in doesn't solve the slipping problem as a rule so you are in a difficult spot, good luck to you!

nattieb
on 12/20/15 6:30 am

I had RNY in Dec 2008 and lost a lot of weight from 371 to 195. I have since gained and was back up to 232 this year. December 16th i went in for Band over RNY and am having a hard time with the liquids and hate this is so close tyo XMAS next week that I cant enjoy anything with family and friends. I was worried about all i read on bands and wanted to see if yours was resolved and how you are feling

Thanks

lilbit36
on 4/14/16 12:03 pm

Questions how much weight have you lost since your revision?

Most Active
Recent Topics