sleeve/exercise\ and hip problems

cmcelfish
on 11/22/15 8:12 am

I will be having a sleeve and I am trying to get exercise in. I am walking I have to be careful I have bad hip problems I use a walker. My best day has been 6000 steps atcthe hospital it wiped me out. Most days I am doing good if I do 3000 steps. I am careful on days of lots of pain weakness in my left leg I push thru that. In 4 weeks I have lost 10 pounds my diet is good 1/3 protein 2/3 veggies one shake a day. Any suggestions about exercise I have been cautioned about pushing my hips too hard. Thank you.  Joe

MaryFulps
on 11/22/15 2:19 pm

Sounds like a pool would be ideal for you.  It would take a lot of the pressure off your hips - just walking laps (or treading water) in the pool may be just the thing for you.  Talk to your doctor; maybe your insurance would help with a gym membership?

I have a really bad knee.  Lost 35lbs so far, and I can already tell the difference when I walk.  Hope it keeps getting better.

cmcelfish
on 11/22/15 4:56 pm

thank you did not think about a pool

hollykim
on 11/22/15 4:55 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 22, 2015 at 4:12 PM Pacific Time, cmcelfish wrote:

I will be having a sleeve and I am trying to get exercise in. I am walking I have to be careful I have bad hip problems I use a walker. My best day has been 6000 steps atcthe hospital it wiped me out. Most days I am doing good if I do 3000 steps. I am careful on days of lots of pain weakness in my left leg I push thru that. In 4 weeks I have lost 10 pounds my diet is good 1/3 protein 2/3 veggies one shake a day. Any suggestions about exercise I have been cautioned about pushing my hips too hard. Thank you.  Joe

i lost 121# and have maintained the loss wit no exercise to speak of

cmcelfish
on 11/22/15 4:59 pm

thank you

Hislady
on 11/27/15 8:45 pm - Vancouver, WA

Exercise is the least important part of weight loss, your eating is far more important. You would do better to just do some sitting exercises to take the stress and pain off of your hips and legs and you will still lose as long as you are eating mainly protein and a few veggies. If i were you I would switch that to 2/3 protein and 1/3 lean veggies and keep total calories between 800-1000. That will give your legs a break and still keep the weight coming off.

cmcelfish
on 11/28/15 4:17 am

Thank you for writing your suggestions are good ones. Iam right now driving myself crazy I document everything put into my mouth. I use fitday.com to keep track of all the numbers. I am not 10 days with no real loss. I go up and down within one pound I am keeping my cals between 800 and 1100 my protein between 70 to 90 my carbs are around 100. I eat nothing white no sweets no bread just chicken and veggies and some baked plai sweet potatoes. I think I am doing the diet part right I will not follow the habits of my past life I will not give up. Thankyou

cmcelfish
on 11/28/15 4:18 am

Thank you for writing your suggestions are good ones. Iam right now driving myself crazy I document everything put into my mouth. I use fitday.com to keep track of all the numbers. I am not 10 days with no real loss. I go up and down within one pound I am keeping my cals between 800 and 1100 my protein between 70 to 90 my carbs are around 100. I eat nothing white no sweets no bread just chicken and veggies and some baked plai sweet potatoes. I think I am doing the diet part right I will not follow the habits of my past life I will not give up. Thankyou

Hislady
on 11/28/15 3:56 pm - Vancouver, WA

Many of us seem to be very carb sensitive even with healthy carbs. I have to keep mine under 20 or I will gain. The body doesn't distinguish between healthy carbs and non healthy, it just processes it like sugar even tho it is slower processing it can still cause weight gain or lack of loss. With that said, you will have stages where you bounce around a few lbs and it seems like forever before you lose again, that's just all part of the game, gotta wait it out and it will eventually end and you will start losing again.

cmcelfish
on 11/28/15 6:16 pm

When I get depressed about no loosing weight try on clothes. I have been wearing a tight size 56 I tried in pants I wore before them size 52 I can fit into them to button and zip them. The 52 is tight but I must be loosing inches. That made me feel a little better. Today I cut back my carbs by 25 to30 to about 80 I will see if that helps.  Thank you for writing.  Joe

Most Active
Recent Topics