How will everyone deal with the ThanksgivingbFeast.

cmcelfish
on 11/19/15 4:30 am

Myself no problems it will be myself my wife and mother-in-law law. We are having chicken turkey too expensive veggies sweet potatoes . There will be nothing white no potatoes bread  my weakness. There will be no sweets my weakness wife is a diabetic my mother in law is on a diet at 83 so a healthy meal. 

How about everyone else what is your plans to survive Thanksgiving

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 11/19/15 11:43 am

It sounds like you all have some food limitations, so will be a very compatible eating group! 

My family is enormous, so there will be many choices to suit any type of eating, including vegetarians/vegans, celiac, etc. 

I had the DS, so don't have limitations on fats and am nearly 8 years post op, so maintaining I eat pretty much any type of food I want as long as I make sure I've had enough protein.

I will say I will waste none of my stomachs limited space on the vegan dishes, lol. Vegan cheese is not cheese, and not fit for consumption. Oh, and don't get me started on the gluten free bread or stuffing, lol. 

With so many people showing up, we have a bit of everything, as no one should feel left out or deprived. We should all be able to have whatever works for us even if it's not the traditional stuff like turkey or pumpkin pie. 

Have a wonderful holiday!

cmcelfish
on 11/19/15 11:59 am

My wife has to eat gluten free tastless

MaryFulps
on 11/22/15 2:14 pm

I bought gluten-free bread once just to see what it was like. Ended up throwing it out - didn't even make decent toast.

MaryFulps
on 11/22/15 2:13 pm

I'm hosting & we'll have 13-14 people.  Very traditional and, thank God, no food allergy or restriction issues.  I think of my new stomach size as a very small closet to fill, and I won't "waste" room on the non-essentials (bread, corn, etc). My sister volunteered to make me a sugar and fat-free pumpkin pie (no crust) and I declined.  I would much rather have my precious coffee while everyone else has dessert.  It's all about choices, isn't it?

As for the meal, the turkey will be the star. We'll have enough 'good' choices so I won't even notice what I'm not having.  To me, it's all about having everyone here and having a good time.  Don't get me wrong - I WILL miss my glass of wine with dinner.  I'm nowhere near perfect, and will probably give in to one taste of stuffing (it is SO good).

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Mary

cmcelfish
on 11/22/15 5:09 pm

I like the very small closet to fill.  Yes a good cup of coffee can be great. Life of choices is how we will live very careful choice that is what I am waiting for can't wait

I guess we all will have a lot to be thankful for we are either have had surgery or waiting to have surgery either way its a promise of a new life if we follow the rules  , a pretty good promise

Happy Thanksgiving

Joe

BebeZed
on 11/25/15 6:59 am - Bellingham, WA

Hopefully I won't have a "tiny tummy" day on Thanksgiving because I'm cooking up a turkey, a ham, collard greens, brussels sprouts and a sugar-free pumpkin mousse that promises to be light, airy, and delicious. There will be mashed potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin pie, and hawaiian dinner rolls too... but I know I'm not going to have room for those. I'll be working on the meats and have maybe a bite of the collards and sprouts. I won't feel deprived at all as long as I can have all the meat I want :D 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Most Active
Recent Topics