Hi guys, new here!

audraleeony
on 4/19/16 2:21 pm

So yeah, I'm new.  I actually found this place when I was looking for a list of lab work I needed done, as my surgeon never told me what I was going to need yearly, and I haven't had any labs for this in 13 years....(my surgeon no longer does bariatric surgery)

A few years ago, I saw a bariatric doc, and was told, after a barium study, that I had a gastrogastric fistula, but he wasn't going to repair it for a few reason.  1, it wasn't causing any problems other than weight gain, and 2, I had an open RNY gastric bypass, and he was worried about scar tissue. 

Well,  flash forward 4 years or so, and my acid reflux is out of control, like the ENT told me my sinus issues were due to stomach acid traveling up into my sinuses at night.  So all my sinus headaches and sinus pain, and stomach pain might all be fixed by this surgery.  Plus, I hope that fixing the fistula will help me lose the weight I gained back.  I went from 175, which is ideal for me, up to 320 as of today.  I had 2 babies post-bypass, and walked out of the hospital after giving birth, right at 175, but back pain, Fibromyalgia, hip, and knee pain (had surgery on both knees in 2012, and just now they are starting to bother me again) have caused me to be sedentary.

The other thing that bothers me is the fact that Pain Management keeps me on 800mg ibuprophen 3 times a day.  I see them friday and will be telling them I refuse to take it anymore.  They need to work with me and adjust my pain meds cause they aren't helping very much.  I'm hoping to go on a liquid or patch with only a few pills for breakthrough pain.  I'm allowed to take up to 4 10/325 mg Vicodin per day, and it just isn't cutting it. 

Thanks for listening to the rant...not many can, will, or would care to understand.

Melissa

sheriberi29
on 4/19/16 6:48 pm - Cleveland, TN

Are they sure you don't have ulcers ?? 

audraleeony
on 4/19/16 6:56 pm

No, they are not sure as they have never looked for them.  I'm sure this is one thing the surgeon will ask about/look into when I see him next Wednesday.  I do know ulcers are a big reason why gastrogastric fistulas occur.

sheriberi29
on 4/19/16 7:17 pm - Cleveland, TN

I hope you get on the road to recovery soon. I don't have a rny but I went for my seminar last week and the dr kept stressing that IF you chose to have a rny you can NEVER take ibuprofen. 

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/16 7:43 am
Revision on 04/28/16

Melissa,

What went on at the doctor?

Most Active
Recent Topics