Got a Date for RNY

Anita C.
on 4/22/16 9:47 am

I had Lap Band back in 2008 sadly it was a failed band had it removed Feb 2016 and it is official July 18th is the big day for RNY.

I am so happy and excited and scared at the same time. I have never been small so this will be a new sort of rebirth for me.

Has anyone had that experience never being thin and go through all the changes. It is not like I can remember how used to look like since I have never been thin.

If you have please share I would love to know.

Hilarious
on 4/24/16 6:43 pm - Coram, NY

Hi. I had a lapband put in in 2007 and if failed in 2015. I had one surgery to remove the band and revise to RNY on 10/29/15, almost six months ago. I have never been small or thin. I think 20 years ago I was close to 200 pounds, but can't remember being under 200 really ever.

i am officially 2 pounds away from breaking into the 100's! I know there's less of me, but I still see the "old" me with all the extra skin and fat. I'm officially out of plus sized clothes and I don't even know how to shop outside of all my plus style stores. I have no idea what size I am and don't try on smaller clothes because I don't think I can fit in them. It's very strange and exciting all at once, but very overwhelming. I'm still losing weight so I don't want to replace my wardrobe but can't wear a lot of my old clothes.

I'm nervous of when or if the weight loss will slow or stop. My doctor said average loss for a revision patient is 50-60% of their excess weight. I would like to lose 100 but to be "normal" weight, would need to lose another 20 pounds. So I'm between 50-60% of what I need to lose. I hope this doesn't stop (I am working really hard, the weight is not magically coming off - I don't eat high fat/sugar foods, keep my calories between 1,000-1,200, and work out over 6 hours per week), but I'd great for a while when I got the band and then it stopped "working", or I worked around it.

i wish you much success.

Banded 3/07 -HW 350+, Height 5'3" SW 338, lost 100 pounds, maintained 80 pound loss

Revision to RNY due to band slip 10/29/15 - SW 260, GW 140, CW 153

Most Active
Recent Topics