2- Stage Revision Questions

trishr5
on 4/26/16 9:09 am

Hi,

Has my lap-band since 2009 and just had it removed in preparation to have gastric sleeve in June 2016. I feel like the flood gates have opened with no restriction now so I'm trying to be careful what I'm eating just not always successful :) Has anyone else struggles with this?  I almost feel like going on my pre-op liquid diet now so I don't gain anything more before surgery. 

How quickly did you go back to work? and feel "normal" again?

Getting nervous in VA...lol

DonnaMaria
on 4/27/16 6:49 am

Hi. I had a two stage revision from band to sleeve. I was supposed to have it done in one but had emergency removal. I personally ft no difference in restriction with the band out. That goes to show how little mine was working. 

I did have to stay in the hospital after the sleeve an extra night due to scar tissue from the sleeve. I was not working when I had the surgery but I feel you would be good taking two weeks off. I felt pretty good after the first week but was very fatigued for about three weeks. 

By the way I love my sleeve! I will be three months Monday and I have lost 49 pounds. 

trishr5
on 4/27/16 8:14 am

Thanks - that's awesome!  There was apparently alot of scar tissue when they went to remove the band - they said the scar tissue had fused my liver to my stomach but that it should all be healed up and ready to go in June for the sleeve.

I was getting nervous about the sleeve with so many posts saying they are not losing much or that it's not successful after lap band so I'm glad to hear you are doing so well! Keep it up!!

Most Active
Recent Topics