United Health Care Revision from a sleeve that was botched.

Brandy Novak
on 4/26/16 2:34 pm - North Richland Hills , TX

I have asked on here about a revision but I keep getting answers that are not really applicable to my situation. Have any of you had to get a revision through united health care to have a surgery corrected that was done wrong ? What was your approval process like ? Any insight would be great.

RedHead86
on 4/27/16 12:12 pm

I had United for my original surgery. I now have Aetna. I had the sleeve with United in 2013, and was just approved with Aetna for revision to DS last week and scheduled for June 23. I know you are asking for specifically United but I just thought I could chime in for my experience. I was in the middle of the nutrition program and had seen 4 surgeons. Went to Dr Keshishian who is VERY experienced in revisions, and his office submitted for approval based off of their finding from my endoscopy and I was approved for revision a few days later. More important than the insurance is to be seeing a surgeon whose office KNOWS WHAT TO DO and also if you haven't had an endoscopy I suggest that route. I had an upper GI and that didn't get me anywhere. Everything moved and FAST after endoscopy.

Hotchic
on 5/1/16 6:20 pm

Hi what is the deductible for Aetna. I have united healthcare. This king about adding another insurance. 

GrapevineNatalie
on 4/27/16 2:18 pm
Revision on 03/28/16

Hi Brandy,

I have United Health Care, and had my revision surgery on 04/28/16. I previously had a lap band (cash Pay) that was causing alot of gastric pain and needed to get it removed.  It took 2 weeks to get the approval from the insurance, My Dr. had to send in Documents to back up the claim as medically necessary and not for bariatric reasons, as I am 5'9 and weighed 196 and wouldn't be approved for Bariatric surgery, which is why I had to pay cash for the lap band at my top weight of 231.  

Most Active
Recent Topics