Redoing a VSG after DS

camamx
on 5/7/16 7:35 am

Hi everyone, I just discovered this site and am glad to be here! I'm a 68-year-old woman, 5'8" tall. I had the DS 14 years ago and have been very happy with it; having a stomach that functions normally makes it very easy to deal with. I was 375 lbs and am now 220; I got down to 140 for a brief period, but my compulsive overeating got the best of me and I've been fluctuating between 190 and 230 for a few years. Still, despite my frequent bingeing the DS has kept me from going way back up, so I'm not too upset. Or wasn't until I developed arthritis in my knee, and now I'm about to have a knee replacement. I am interested in having a revision of my stretched-out stomach, to be done in Mexico next winter, preferably laparoscopic if possible. I've searched here and found a thread that said there can be problems because of the staples. I'd appreciate any info or advice anyone has on the revision, and recommendations for surgeons. I'd get it done in the US if it's covered by Medicare, but I doubt that's the case. I'm posting this in the DS forum too.

Most Active
Recent Topics