Looking for a doc that will do reversal in CT

Harly1619
on 5/19/16 5:27 pm
RNY on 02/02/16

My life has been pure hell since I got the rny. I cant do anything without getting sick.  No protein at all. I can barely get out of bed. I can't take care of my kids. My house. I haven't been able to go back to work. I literally do nothing but stay in bed or bathroom. My quality of life is horrible. I just want this reversed. Its my body. Why do they make the choice? Im hoping to find a doc that will reverse it in CT. If not I will be trying to get a loan to have it done elsewhere. Everyone that I talk to in the groups on social media have doctors that just say ...oh if things dont get better we're going to have to reverse your surgery. Why cant they just say that to me!? Sigh...anyone w any info id HIGHLY appreciate it. Thank you

ladygodiva1228
on 5/20/16 7:09 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On May 20, 2016 at 12:27 AM Pacific Time, Harly1619 wrote:

My life has been pure hell since I got the rny. I cant do anything without getting sick.  No protein at all. I can barely get out of bed. I can't take care of my kids. My house. I haven't been able to go back to work. I literally do nothing but stay in bed or bathroom. My quality of life is horrible. I just want this reversed. Its my body. Why do they make the choice? Im hoping to find a doc that will reverse it in CT. If not I will be trying to get a loan to have it done elsewhere. Everyone that I talk to in the groups on social media have doctors that just say ...oh if things dont get better we're going to have to reverse your surgery. Why cant they just say that to me!? Sigh...anyone w any info id HIGHLY appreciate it. Thank you

Have you been back to the surgeon who did your surgery?  Have they looked to see what the problem is?

What issues exactly are you having? 

If you can't find a surgeon in CT you could try going to RI and seeing Dr. Pohl.  I know he has done reversals.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Harly1619
on 5/23/16 10:21 pm
RNY on 02/02/16

Yes. Theyre all clueless. Ive had scope after scope after gi series after mri after CT scan. Ugh

Hoping to find something in ct. I know im early like everyone says..but i dont want this to get to a worse point than it already has and I need to work and support my kids. Ive seen docs wait and wait on ppl then reverse it 18 months later and have so much build up of scar tissue and worse complications because its been so long. Im saying just nip this in the bud. I dont even have hunger. When and if I eat its forced. And then boom. Right in the bathroom i go. Its not normal. What comes out of me is foul.  I just don't understand and kick myself daily for this. 

Ladytazz
on 5/21/16 12:09 am

You are only a few months out.  Unless your symptoms are pretty much life threatening you will be hard pressed to find a surgeon who would be willing to do a reversal.  

Things will get better.  See your surgeon and make sure everything is working correctly and if it is find out what you can do to feel better.  Make sure you are getting enough protein and check your iron levels.  Make sure you are getting in enough fluids as well.  Dehydration can cause nausea and you make just need to get more to drink.

It is always best to take the least invasive path first.  If just increasing your fluids and protein and increasing your iron can make you feel better then it is a lot safer then another major surgery.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Laura in Texas
on 5/22/16 5:24 am

What have you tried eating? Post here and on the RNY forum to get suggestions. As LT said, this early out it may be hard to find any surgeon willing to do a reversal, especially if your surgeon has not found anything specifically wrong with your RNY.

Let us try to help you.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Harly1619
on 5/23/16 10:13 pm
RNY on 02/02/16

Thanks everyone. I wish I could get my protein and water in. ANY AND ALL protein makes me dump worse than sugar does.  Everything goes right thru me. Tmi but all day every day pretty much every hour i just have bright yellow bile come out of me. Docs are clueless. Im about to get a second opinion but the appt isnt until june 6th. And im prepared to get a 3rd 4th and 5th! I just wanted/ want to be healthy.  I feel like a complete failure to myself. To my family. This isn't how it was supposed to be. 

I dont have nausea usually. If I do it goes as quick as it comes and if it was nausea id work thru it and actually be able to support my family.  But I spend 90% of my day sitting on the toilet. I cant do that and work. It happens whether I eat or not. And i dont understand that at all. Where does it come from when theres nothing there!? 

rocky513
on 5/24/16 8:05 pm - WI

Could you be lactose intolerant?  It took me three months of nausea and diarrhea until I figured out that my protein powder was full of lactose and I was intolerant.  When I switched to a protein that was 100% whey isolate I felt much better.  Check your protein label.  If it contains whey concentrate, it contains lactose.  Mix your shakes with water, soy milk, almond milk or , my favorite, cashew milk.  Try to go lactose free for a few weeks and see if you feel better.

I can eat Greek yogurt or cheese, but milk sends me right to the bathroom with gastric distress, gas, and diarrhea.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Kathy S.
on 5/24/16 8:26 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Harly1619,

We are all very sorry to hear what you are going through.  I agree with everyone else, work with your surgeon as this makes no sense and get another opinion.  When getting another opinion try and stay with surgeons that have knowledge of weight loss surgery. These issues are usually due to some kind of blockage but you said they did a scope and saw nothing?

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Harly1619
on 5/24/16 8:11 pm
RNY on 02/02/16

Thanks everyone!

Im calling 2 other docs...well...one at a time lol...calling tomorrow.

But I have hernia repair tomorrow so healing is going to come before eating. Unfortunately.  

I have gone the lactose route with no avail. And the things that make me sick includes even food protein. Tuna. Chicken. Eggs. Everything. I wish i could at least have the premier shakes because i actually LIKE the taste of them haha

I'll check back on here when i get some answers. I have a friend who went thru something similar and had a LOW blockage which made nothing but yellow bile come out and thats all that comes out of me. Ive had all those tests but its been a while...since march. Maybe its time for more. Sigh 

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/25/16 12:32 pm

I developed food allergies... or rather - old allergies I thought I outgrew came back to hunt me... 

Dairy,soy, vanilla, bananas, pineapple..... etc. 

who gets allergic to vanilla?  really?  

anyway.,.. I hope they find why you having such a hard time...

unfortunately - reversal may not fix it...  Wishing you best

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics