Revision is only a few days away

readerchick
on 5/24/16 7:03 pm - Canada

hey folks 

i have my revision surgery booked for Monday the 30th. I am going from a sleeve to an rny  - oh and a bonus gallbladder removal. 

I am excited to try again! 

I was 280 in 2009, got down to 190 in 2011. Got all the way back to 240 in 2015. Now I am about 212. Fingers crossed I can use all the knowledge I gathered over the years and make this work again. 

Anyobe else out there who went from a sleeve to an rny? The first time around there was so much online support - but revisions are wls dirty little secrets. 

Take care 

Jaime 

azoreangal
on 5/25/16 6:01 pm - Grapevine, TX

Let me congratulate you on trying it again!!  I know it's a difficult decision as I get ready to make that same decision.  I went from Lapband to VSG.  Now I'm looking at getting a RnY.  I'm really fearful. You say it's a dirty little secret and probably a great way to say it.  I'm finding myself embarrassed that I can't do it with my last two surgeries.  I'm heavier than BEFORE both of those.  I think I've done the best I can with my cir****tances.  I'm sure you have too.  If we would have done the rny, we might have been successful the first time. But we went the conservative route.  Some it works great for and some like us not.  Hang in there.   I wish you the best and great success this time!!  

MissDizime
on 5/31/16 9:31 am - Roswell, NM
Revision on 05/02/16

Congrats on your surgery date!!  I hope that you are recovering well!!

Christina             

readerchick
on 6/1/16 6:41 am - Canada

So far my surgery went really well. Just the usual problem with gas - yuck. 

Hopefully with all the information I have gathered over the years I can make this work. 

Today my goal is to start drinking my protein shakes. 

I am pretty lucky I get a second chance at this. 

jaime 

Hislady
on 6/1/16 3:35 pm - Vancouver, WA

Just remember that after the first 12-18 mos of RNY you will start absorbing calories again but will still malabsorb vitamins. So then you can start to regain wight if not extremely diligent about what you eat and how much. So it is very possible to regain even with the bypass. It requires a lifestyle change just like all successful surgeries do. Best of luck to all.

readerchick
on 6/1/16 4:02 pm - Canada

You are 100% correct! I have learned a great deal since the first surgery so hopefully I can stay on track! Thanks for the reminder. 

Most Active
Recent Topics