Approved for Rny to Rny to fix Enlarge Stoma...Any suggestions

Charmaine C.
on 6/6/16 10:24 am - Columbus, OH

I see my surgeon tomorrow to discuss if he's going to do my surgery open or laser due to me having a tummy tuck with mesh years ago. Also, to schedule surgery date and fasting. I'm excited and nerves at the same time. I'm thinking of slow weight loss, complication that I never had and my ages. I was 30 yrs. old when I had open RNY and now I'm 41. Wish me luck. If, anyone have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks

Aliceanne3
on 6/8/16 10:18 am - MO

I am seeking this.  How did your surgeon appointment go?   There's not much info on here....

Charmaine C.
on 6/8/16 12:10 pm - Columbus, OH

Good afternoon. My surgeon decided to do the same surgery again, the RNY.  My stomach is still a size of a cup but my stoma is over 3.5 centimeters big. So he decided to go that route make my stomach 1.5 oz and cut part of the small intestine. 

Robinsnest52
on 6/18/16 12:11 am

Hi,

I too am from Columbus and am considering a revision of some sort. What physician are you using. My original physician is no longer in Ohio

Charmaine C.
on 6/18/16 5:10 pm - Columbus, OH

My original surgeon was Dr Charles Cook through OSU. I'm going through Dr needle min now at OSU. My surgery date is August 15th.

Aliceanne3
on 6/18/16 2:46 pm - MO

Very exciting.   When is your surgery date?

Charmaine C.
on 6/18/16 5:11 pm - Columbus, OH

August 15 th. I'm excited also. 

Aliceanne3
on 6/18/16 2:47 pm - MO

When is your surgery date?

Vslim1412
on 8/20/16 9:37 am
Revision on 08/15/16

I just went threw the same thing my pouch was still the size of the palm of your hand but my stoma was larger so he cut part of my intestines out. But am a week out and mine was done laparoscopy.

Aliceanne3
on 12/27/16 6:33 am - MO

I had my revision October 12 and have lost 40 pounds.  My surgeon reduced the size of my stomach to an egg.  He didn't bypass any intestine although I wanted him to.  My original surgeon was a lot better but he moved out of state.   This place has a better overall program.  How are you doing?

Most Active
Recent Topics