Revision RNY to RNY 08/15/16 making pouch 1.5 oz. Can i still lose weigh w/ revision?

Charmaine C.
on 6/8/16 12:59 pm - Columbus, OH

Revision RNY to RNY 08/15/16 making pouch 1.5 oz. ??????

I'm having a Revision from RNY to RNY 08/15/16 making pouch 1.5 oz. due to enlarged stoma. My surgeon told me that I may not lose as much weight as before. Because must people who had revision lose little to no weight, but the issue is fix.

I don't understand how I will not loss weight with a new pouch. Can someone offer their opinion or been through this.

Thanks

enjoi50
on 6/9/16 12:39 pm

I need answers as well because I am in desperate need of a revision. Let me just say this, if you are having a stomphyX (sp) That is a waste. A friend had that and he still hasn't lost a pound yet. But if your surgeon is reducing your pouch again I don't see why you shouldn't. I'm assuming you would have to start over on your bariatric diet though.

(deactivated member)
on 6/12/16 2:53 pm
On June 8, 2016 at 7:59 PM Pacific Time, Charmaine C. wrote:

Revision RNY to RNY 08/15/16 making pouch 1.5 oz. ??????

I'm having a Revision from RNY to RNY 08/15/16 making pouch 1.5 oz. due to enlarged stoma. My surgeon told me that I may not lose as much weight as before. Because must people who had revision lose little to no weight, but the issue is fix.

I don't understand how I will not loss weight with a new pouch. Can someone offer their opinion or been through this.

Thanks

I think you are looking at this wrong.  Instead of questioning when you should do it ask why you should do it?  If it failed once, it is likely to fail again.

RNY to RNY is a bigger surgery than you started out with.  Then in a few years your stoma will dilate again. What are you going to do then? There are only so many times you can do RNY to RNY.

If you are going to have that major of a surgery done anyway, why not just fix it once and for all with DS?  You are not malabsorbing calories anymore, the villi have grown back.  So you are going to have a major, somewhat risky surgery just for a bit of restriction again?  That doesn't really make sense.  I will bet you that you are doing what your surgeon is capable of instead of what YOU actually need.  What state do you live in?

Most Active
Recent Topics