Anyone with a band get rejected for sleeve revision?

werallstardust
on 6/14/16 11:40 pm
Revision on 07/20/16

I'm scheduled for a revision to a sleeve on July 20th and am and am getting nervous about the doctor telling me they might not be able to do the sleeve if they find erosion. I had my band removed in 2009 and haven't had any trouble. I guess I'm just worried about getting ripped off. How would I know if there really is erosion and they aren't trying to just get more money out of me? Has anyone ever gone in for surgery and woke up and they said they didn't do it because of erosion? Is it common? Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/16 8:53 am
On June 15, 2016 at 6:40 AM Pacific Time, werallstardust wrote:

I'm scheduled for a revision to a sleeve on July 20th and am and am getting nervous about the doctor telling me they might not be able to do the sleeve if they find erosion. I had my band removed in 2009 and haven't had any trouble. I guess I'm just worried about getting ripped off. How would I know if there really is erosion and they aren't trying to just get more money out of me? Has anyone ever gone in for surgery and woke up and they said they didn't do it because of erosion? Is it common? Thanks!

If you don't trust your surgeon to that degree, you need a new surgeon.

hollykim
on 6/15/16 9:54 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 15, 2016 at 6:40 AM Pacific Time, werallstardust wrote:

you can request a written report from your EGd and it will state whether there is erosion or not.

Most Active
Recent Topics