Experienced Wisconsin revision Dr. needed! Have a leak 2 other surgeons couldn't fix.

Inkfreak
on 6/28/16 7:44 am

So last August I ended up admitted into the hospital again (3rd time, same issue) with sepsis. They figured out that I had three leaks in my stomach. "Luckily" these leaks were contained into a pocket behind my spleen. Two of these leaks were closed using vascular clips placed inside my stomach through my mouth so no real pain associated with them. My first doc tried again for the last leak but was unsuccessful due to its location so I was referred to another doc. This one tried a process called an overstitch again through my mouth. After waiting two months to see if the stitch would close the leak an upper GI showed that the procedure also failed. The surgeon told me and my wife he would contact some people he knew at UW Madison that would either be able to close the leak or get me to someone who could. Well after being told this I have been unable to contact him again. I have left multiple messages and other attempts to speak with him but have been unsuccessful. The surgeon who initially did my procedure is unable to fix the hole either due to the level of difficulty. This is the fourth time I have had these leak problems. While I originally blamed my first surgeon we came to the conclusion that my body is to blame. Seems that my body is not a fan of staples and has been migrating them slowly over the years. When the migration gets far enough between some of them it weakens my stomach wall causing a pressure bubble to happen. After a while that little bubble breaks open and hello leak. So I Really need to find a revisionist doc to help me out. I'm stuck on the States badger care blue cross / blue shield insurance. Trying to find someone to help me has proven fruitless. If anyone has a name or more of good qualified, experienced revision surgeons in Wisconsin I would be very great fun for their name/number.

Laura in Texas
on 6/28/16 8:33 am

You may have to go out of your network/state to get the help you need. If I were you, I would contact Dr. Keshishain. He is one of the best with tough cases. Good luck.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
Recent Topics