Lap band removal with Medicaid

2ndchanceGS
on 7/8/16 6:02 pm

Hello All I had my lap band placed in 2008 and have had decent success.  Currently I am experiencing alot of issues with my band problems with digesting, regurgitation, extreme heartburn.  I would love to have my band removed and possibly a revision.  I was insured when the band was placed but now am on Medicaid since I lost my job a few months ago.  Has anyone had any success with Medicaid/Amerigroup approving band removal/revision?  Thanks for your help!

DIXIEANN F.
on 7/9/16 5:48 pm - lithonia, GA

I am trying to have a revision to, I have Medicaid

2ndchanceGS
on 7/9/16 7:58 pm

How is it going for you?

Vjo
on 8/9/16 12:51 pm

I also am on Medicaid and trying to find a Dr here in Arkansas to accept it. I also have lapband and want a revision to Gastric bypass. Some want accept me because I didnt have done in Arkansas. I had Dr Lafoon who filled me here. But he didnt preform the surgery. If yall find out plz let me no. THANKS

2ndchanceGS
on 8/14/16 7:22 pm

I am scheduled for an EGD this Friday and then my doctors office will try for approval I will let you know how it goes

Vjo
on 8/15/16 1:38 pm

Thank you. according to Babtist health bariatric hospital IN L.R. they do accept Medicaid.  you will have to have a referral from your Dr. and then go online to www.arkansasbariactricsurgery.com and  attend a seminar. and go from there. wish me luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics