Lapband to RNY revision

BoxerGirl08
on 8/31/16 8:51 am - Canada

im looking for encouragement right about now because I feel like death... I'm on an emergency list to get revised in about 2 months. I'm seriously malnourished because of my band. It won't let anything through. I've had my upper gi and every other...

Surgery 3/17/2009
Surgery weight 277
Current weight 202
Goal weight
Total lost so far: 75lbs

7.75cc's in a 9cc band
"Starting to gain control in a world full of chaos!"

Valapp
on 8/31/16 9:16 am

You got your band about a month before me.  I had trouble from the get go with my port.  Had to  have it replaced in July, 2009.  Always had trouble getting fills because my port was always flipped. I did manage to lose from my highest weight of 280 down to 220.   Then in late 2014 into early 2015, I started having uncontrollable reflux.  I would wake up with acid backing up in my throat and nose.  I couldn't keep anything down.  EVERYTHING got stuck.  I felt terrible all the time.  I knew something had to be done so I started doing research on revisions.  I found a doctor I felt confident in and he sent me for an upper GI.  He told me my band had to come out. He said due to my GERD issues he would only consider revising me to RNY.  I was scheduled for July, 27,2015.  I spent two days in the hospital and came home weighing 242.  Today I weigh 167, wear size 8/10 and a medium top.  I am still losing, albeit slowly.  Would I do it again? In a heartbeat! I feel so much better but the best part is getting rid of the reflux and not getting food stuck and having to throw up.  Hope you get that band out soon!  You will be so glad you did!

HW 280

CW 168

Goal 165

corky1
on 9/29/16 12:13 pm - Caledonia, Canada
RNY on 08/24/16

Valapp,  your story is very inspiring to me.  I just had my band removed last month, revising to bypass.  It's just been a short time and I'm just starting to loose weight but am glad about this decision already. My starting weight was the same as yours when your came home from the hospital,  so 167 sounds wonderful to me.  I can only hope!

Valapp
on 9/30/16 7:39 am

I'm happy you got the band out! I wish I had known about RNY before I had the band placed, but I was relying on my doctor at that time.  I did wise up and do my own research before I had my revision done.  I finally reached my goal of 165.  Crazy I am still overweight by the BMI charts.  I would have to lose another 15 pounds to be normal weight.  I am going to try to get to 160 so if I do have the bounce back regain, I will still fit into my clothes until I can get rid of it.  Continued good luck to you.  Please keep me posted on how your are doing. 

HW 280

CW 168

Goal 165

Most Active
Recent Topics