Dumping

Softballgal73
on 10/24/16 12:03 pm

Facing revisional surgery from VSG to RNY due to chronic acid reflux and regurgitation. I am 5 yrs post op from my sleeve. I have always had dumping with certain foods. Sometimes, I have dumping with things like soft cooked eggs! It is crazy. I am worried this will be even worse with RNY, am I right?? 

OneBlueSock
on 10/24/16 7:31 pm
RNY on 06/21/17

I'm curious about this as well - I'm heading to a revision from  lap-band to RNY and I already have a somewhat sensitive gut when it comes to certain foods.  We joke in our family that it's the 'family gut' because it happens to all of us.  I'm wondering what it will be like post-surgery 

Softballgal73
on 10/25/16 9:16 am

I posted this in the general forum, and got an interesting and very encouraging response.

mrich612
on 11/1/16 7:02 pm - Carson, CA

Hello I had never had any dumping experiences from my first surgery in 2005 and I have had the revision on the 13th of October I guess everyone has different experiences.

Travelher
on 11/8/16 7:17 am
Revision on 10/04/16

I wonder if this is an individual experience.  I'm 6 weeks post  op and no dumping yet.  i think avoiding liquids before and after food has a big impact on whether you dump.

Eggs have been fine for me.  I've done 2 poached eggs with 1/4 avocado for dinner and no issues.  I have not had any sugar or heavy creams which are both things I've heard others have issues with. 

Yesterday I had 2oz of chicken with zucchini noodles and 1 tbs of pesto sauce.  no dumping. 

Most Active
Recent Topics