Revision Newbie here! (lapband to sleeve)

holls1205
on 11/1/16 4:06 pm
Looking for some feedback from the band to sleeve people out there. Can you tell me how eating will be different? So far (only 5 days post surgery!) I haven't felt any restriction or problem getting liquids down. This is very different than I felt after I had the band put in.

I had the lapband surgery in June 2008 and was pretty successful until 2014 when I had a staph infection and went into septic shock. Through all the fluids and treatments I had, the band slipped and never went back. I had problems for a couple of years and now have had it removed and had a revision to sleeve on 10/27. Glad to be rid of the reflux, pain and problems! Hoping the sleeve is much better for me!

7.75 cc in 14 cc AP band
Sai F.
on 11/1/16 5:34 pm, edited 11/1/16 10:35 am
VSG on 09/02/16

Two months Post-Op band to sleeve revision. You'll feel hungry for the first 2 to 3 weeks because of acid and/or swollen stomach. Both of those things mimics hunger so don't worry, it'll go away. Make sure you take your PPI (antacid) twice daily. There is no restriction with liquids, like the band, our sleeve lets liquids go right through. When you get to solid foods, it's completely different. Somewhere between 1 to 3 oz, you'll get full. If you take one bite too many, you'll feel miserable. Misery is different for each of us lol, but mine is a general not feeling so well, with some nausea, cold sweat, fast heartbeat... etc. You'll learn when to stop before you have that one bite too many.

You will NOT feel "stuck" or "slime" like you did with the band. Eating is very much like having a normal stomach and because you can eat healthy foods now, you'll prefer healthy foods over sliders. The sliders are the same for the band as it is for the sleeve but you really lose those cravings after the initial healing period that I talked about earlier. I hope this helps!

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

brneyezz45
on 11/3/16 7:56 pm
Revision on 10/18/16

I am going on my 3rd week on Tuesday, have not been hungry at all since surgery.  I have no problems getting liquids down.  I do not crave food, feel great, lost 15 pounds the first 10 days and feel terrific.  

Travelher
on 11/8/16 6:51 am
Revision on 10/04/16

totally normal. you probably won't feel restriction until you are eating solids. 

Travelher
on 11/8/16 6:52 am
Revision on 10/04/16

totally normal. you probably won't feel restriction until you are eating solids. 

Most Active
Recent Topics