My revision to DS is set for the 17th. FINALLY!!

DeeDee83
on 11/5/16 7:21 pm

Finally, I will be revised to a full DS from a sleeve.  Looking at the Upper GI series, my stomach is not a sleeve.  More like a filled balloon.  

I am just so happy, that I will finally be on the road to a healthy life on the 17th.

Donna L.
on 11/6/16 2:08 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Congrats!

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

nedsmehlp
on 11/6/16 2:53 pm - Hutchinson, KS

Please come back to this board and keep us informed on your progress, etc.  I am hoping to a revision from VSG to DS, so I am anxious to hear all about your experiences!

DeeDee83
on 11/6/16 10:12 pm

I will post after the sugery, and my progress.  I can't wait.  I've waited for the the DS since 2010.  The sleeve for me just didn't get me to goal, and the stomach stretches.  The DS will give me that extra part to keep my weight loss under control.  what a great tool!

Tammi H.
on 11/7/16 9:36 am

mine is scheduled for the 16th, that is if I can get this ecdm fine today at315, can't remember if I had some raisins like at 1230, or maybe 1 on my way to bed, forgot all abt the no eating after month but it wasn't a meal, just a fairly large handfull off raisins. pretty sure if I don't/can't get those test, then surgery will most likely be moved into Dec. I have been working for this for 2 almost 3 years, setting it back will only make it so upsetting for, I'm ready, been ready for this to happen.

I prayall goes great for you. believing you have a wonderful support team, having you decision and you have help with your road back to health in your road to better health. Be sure NOT TO OVER DO IT take your time to heal . 

Tammi (poet70)

PS sorry 4 long post, just excited for us both. 

59motejzik
on 11/15/16 7:20 am

Hi! I am having a roux en y revision on the 21 st of Nov. I would love to stay in touch with you. I am on Facebook. It would be nice to know how your revision journey is going. I hope to hear from you soon.

south2north
on 11/15/16 10:57 am
DS on 11/19/14

I had my revision to a DS from a lap band two years ago on the 19th, BEST decision I ever made!!! Best wishes!

Tammi H.
on 2/5/17 2:17 am

My revision to DS is set for the 17th. FINALLY!!
On November 15, 2016 at 6:57 PM Pacific Time, south2north wrote:
I had my revision to a DS from a lap band two years ago on the 19th, BEST decision I ever made!!! Best wishes!

Hello,

I am sad to say that I did not go through with the surgery. 2 days before surgery (ALL JACKED AND READY FOR IT ) I had my last visit with my surgeon. He informs me that there has been NO CHANGE to the FIRST surgery. ( WHAT???? ) I was told there was in Seattle, and my Medicaid and Medicare approved it. I still might have it . But I have to conquer my night eating. STRESS with husband and STRESS with MOTHER living here. So until I get this under control, there is no hope.

The other reason I didn't get it, 20% chance of something seriously going wrong, and he could only guarantee 30lbs weight loss, when I have a good 45-55 to lose. again, ( SAY WHAT???) that's all you call guarantee, oh good Lord Jesus, I don't believe it was quite worth it. So here I am struggling every day/night to maintain, and to lose weight, and I believe it will begin to get better (health,/weight) I have done it all on my own before ( not support system ) this time for this super SLOW journey. And if it should go into reverse, then I am going to work once again towards having it done. but as for now, No, I am on my own, working hard naturally to see what I can do all on my own.

I am so very happy for you and where your journey has taken you, I know for sure you have done the right and best thing you could do for yourself. God bless you as you. Pls keep in touch and let me know how you're doing from time to time?? friend ( or OH friend)

Tammi

Most Active
Recent Topics