Has anyone had a successful revision of any kind from RNY?

TamSam07
on 1/10/17 2:58 pm - APO AE, Germany

I'm still weighing all of my options.  Unfortunately, from everything I have read lately it doesn't look promising.  I really want to hear from people who have had a revision after significant weight gain from RNY and had success.  What kind of revision did you have? I haven't read anything positive at all and am looking for that last glimmer of hope that there are some success stories out there somewhere.  If not, then I will not have a revision at all. I'm not about to go through that pain and suffering again just to have little to no pay off.  Thanks so much!

GmaDiana
on 1/14/17 2:12 pm

I had Gastric sleeve in 2011.I started at 290 and went down to 224.I gained some again and went to 240.then in 2015 I started having acid reflux issues.Went on more PPi and Carafe,Noting helped.My esophagus was inflamed from acid reflux and bile reflux.My hiatal hernia failed  also.So on Nov.22,2016 I had hiatal repair and gastirc bypass. I am 7 weeks out and have no more reflux and have lost ,27lbs.Well worth not having reflux anymore.I didn't have any complications.Hope this helps

GmaDiana

Travelher
on 1/14/17 6:18 pm
Revision on 10/04/16

From what I've read most revisions from rny are to ds.  Results seem to vary.

TamSam07
on 1/16/17 9:32 am - APO AE, Germany

That's why I am wanting to hear from people who have actually had one.  I can read all the online info all day long but the best and most honest reviews come from those who have had a revision.  

hipswishingvinegarball
on 1/18/17 12:07 am

The most effective revision from RNY is to DS, but there arnen't a lot of surgeons that can do it. There are plenty of folks with the RNY to DS revison, but not a lot of them post here anymore, and are mainly in groups on FB or bariatricfacts. 

Some of the other revisions for RNY like stomafix (or phyx) or rose or whatever other names they give them don't seem to be effective past the liquid diet phase.

gharris31
on 1/18/17 12:08 am - Florissant, MO

327 lbs in 2004 when I had RNY, 231 in 2009 when I had the band placed, had son in 2012 and got up to 277 lbs and am presently just over 250 lbs.  I am seeing to have the band removed and a sleeve placed to reach my goal of 140 lbs.  Oh and I am 5'5.

Jwy
on 1/24/17 10:58 am

If you look on the ds forum you will find plenty of rny revisions

unagordita
on 3/17/17 7:14 pm

I'm in need of a revision from a sleeve to gastric bypass due to acid reflux and damage to the esophagus. I too would like to hear from similar revisions.

Danainpa_2000
on 6/1/17 6:25 pm - Limerick , PA

Hi I had rny in 2002. I'm getting a revision on 6.29.17. I have horrible reflux and gerd plus esophagitis. I also gained back almost all of the weight since 2012. The doctor is lengthing my roughen and checking for any kink or hernia and re working my entire "plumbing" to the new way he Does gastric bypass. My doctor is dr meliahn in Philadelphia. He is the best!!

Most Active
Recent Topics