Weight Loss After Revision Surgery

Geminidawn
on 1/17/17 5:08 am, edited 1/18/17 4:26 am

Hi everyone....I am scheduled for revision surgery from a VBG to RNY in February.  I am wondering what your experience has been with weight loss after revision surgery compared to the weight loss after the initial surgery?  I've been hearing different stories on what type of results I can expect.

Thanks

Dawn

Sai F.
on 1/17/17 3:45 pm
VSG on 09/02/16

I don't know if there is a particular revision that you're inquiring about but I had the band to sleeve revision in 2016. The loss for me is faster with the sleeve compared to the band but mainly because I had a conservative doctor who added very little cc in the beginning. When I got my sleeve revision I was a much lower BMI as well due to a relatively successful band.

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

Geminidawn
on 1/18/17 5:10 am

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I am having a revision from VBG to RNY. 

Travelher
on 1/18/17 8:33 pm
Revision on 10/04/16

Not sure.  Most people I know going from sleeve to rny are doing it because of reflux so weight loss isn't a concern.  My understanding for revisions in general it is slower.  But it probably depends on a lot of factors like starting BMI etc.  My experience from band to rny is that it has not been slower, but I gained 30 lbs more than my pre-band weight so...not apples to apples I suppose.

GmaDiana
on 1/23/17 4:50 pm

i had revision from sleeve to bypass.Had acid reflux issues.I have lost 28 lbs in  9 weeks.They say it is slower,nut any weight loss is good in my book.No complications.Recovery was slower.They have to get through scar tissue so it is a longer surgery.More restrictive than sleeve.Going to start a going to a gym.

Geminidawn
on 1/23/17 5:58 pm

Thank you. That's what I'm learning. I have serious reflux as well. Hoping it goes away. 

sunnyday55
on 8/16/19 6:46 am

So now that you are have had your revision,what are your outcomes? I'm scheduled for September.Could you share your experience,outcomes?? Thank you

W

sunnyday55
on 8/15/19 9:06 pm

Curious of your revision outcomes to date.Any tips?Weight loss?

Most Active
Recent Topics