VSG to RNY Revision

amschuttpelz2
on 3/13/17 4:01 pm

Hi everyone! First post here! I had my VSG on March 3, 2016.

Long story short, when I saw my surgeon for my one year follow up appointment, we discussed some issues that I've been having...pretty much since I had the surgery. In the beginning it was a "wait and see" thing, but now that we've waited, and he's done procedures to try and help, and nothing has worked...we're at the end of the road.

I was told that the only fix for my problem is to be revised to an RNY. I'm a little bummed to be honest. I was hoping there was something else that could be done before we got to that point. It is what it is though. I'm trying to accept it the best I can...but I need some help!!

Has anyone had this surgery? What were your experiences? Downsides? Up sides? Complications?

Give me everything you've got!!

Thanks!

GmaDiana
on 3/18/17 8:49 am

I had revision from sleeve to bypass Nov.2016,due to acid reflux issues.Those issues have been resolved. I had no complications and adjusting well.They had to fix my Hiatal Hernia again too.I was sore and little slower recovery.took a little longer going through phases of diet.You will lose slower.I wish I had bypass surgery to begin with. Everyone talks about malabsorbtion and the supplements you have to stay on for life.I was already on these for life with the sleeve.I have lost 40 lbs so far.I couldn't exercise all the time because of joint issues.I'm sure you would lose more with walking and other exercise to. Hope this helps.

CurvyCakes
on 3/18/17 5:49 pm

I'm having my hernia repaired with my revision also. Do you think two weeks off will be ample time to recover and return to work?

GmaDiana
on 3/18/17 6:23 pm

It would depend on your job.As long as you are able to get your protein in and water.You will be fine.I drink Premier Protein shakes from Walmart and Sams.They have 30grams of protein each so it was easier for me to get my protein in.

CurvyCakes
on 3/18/17 6:30 pm

I have a desk job. Premier protein was my favorite and chike was my second favorite with my sleeve. I've been following a plant based diet since October 16. I feel great but not as many RTD vegan protein shakes to drink on the go.

Most Active
Recent Topics