revision 4/5/17....2 week liquid diet i dont recall this

nicole180
on 3/21/17 7:48 pm - washington, DC

i had vbg sleeve with band 11 years agi. and found out that my pouch is shaped like a hour glass and causing me ti vomit have reflux and i am not losing any weight. my Hw360, LW202, CW246....GW180. maybe now with the revusion to the RNY the vomiring will go away and i will loose to get my GW180. i am now 35, 2 kids later and im nor sure i am ablw to mentally prepare my mind ti do this again. my insurance approaved me so fast i was in shock. so tomorrow i start the 2 week liquid diet, prayers and support is appreciated

CurvyCakes
on 3/21/17 7:52 pm

Omg the 2 week liquid diet with my initial surgery was tough. This time I on,y have to do 1 week. I'm completely dreading it but it's definitely doable. I just gotta get my mind right. My revision 4/11

nicole180
on 3/21/17 7:55 pm - washington, DC

i dont remember doing a liquid diet pre op, why are you getting a revision? how much did you loose initially, are you prepared to start over, honestly i dont feel i am

CurvyCakes
on 3/22/17 2:36 pm

Lost 70lbs with my sleeve. Having revision for severe GERD.

Renee C.
on 3/24/17 7:57 pm - Bellevue, WA
Revision on 02/01/17

You can do anything for just 2 weeks - it's barely a blip when you look at the long term.

But ... if you are not ready, then ask for the surgery to be postponed a bit. Unless there is a critical reason to have it immediately, it's better to get your head in the right space before doing this. I was very happy to finally be done with the getting stuck & vomiting, let me tell you. But my recovery was rougher than I expected. Feeling pretty good at 7.5 weeks out now, but those first few weeks were tough.

Either way, best wishes!

Band removal & RNY Feb 1 2017

Most Active
Recent Topics