Anyone had an Upper GI? ...Questions Inside...

Joy8484
on 3/26/17 1:35 pm
Revision on 03/23/17

Hi Everyone, this will be a quick question.

What are Doctors looking for or at when they are looking at the results of the Upper GI? Very curious, is this (one) of the determining factors to receiving a revision?

GmaDiana
on 3/26/17 2:12 pm

Yes I had an endoscope and upper GI. The upper GI looks at the mobility of you swallowing.To see if there is a problem.From where a Hiatal hernia could be to bottom of stomach.

I had revision from sleeve to bypass Nov.2016

Suzanne_Paulette
on 3/29/17 11:53 pm - Lamonte, MO

I had both as well. Also with the endoscopy they are looking for abnormalities, any esophagitis, they may take tissue or brush & wash areas they might be concerned about to see clearer. They could find a gastric fistula where the pouch has made a connection to the excluded stomach. They will see if your pouch has stretched and that your valve to the intestines hasn't disappeared.

Gavin B.
on 4/5/17 4:51 am - Orlando, FL

I had one done last week. Surgeon noticed that my pou*****reased in size. No leaks, no hernias...

cmp067
on 4/9/17 1:43 pm
VSG on 03/23/12

Hello, I had the same conclusion after my upper GI, and ended up having a re-sleeve. Did you doctor say what caused it to increase in size? I am still trying to get to the bottom of why this actually happens. My doctor has been very vague. What was your original surgery?

Original VSG 3/23/2012 - Revision/Resleeve 1/6/2017

Most Active
Recent Topics