Mind Games?

TracyK
on 4/2/17 10:55 am - FL

I am really confused on why I am going through these mental barricades. I had the Lap Band in 2004 and it was great until it wasn't in 2015. I had lost 80+ pounds and was loving life. Adventurous, happy, energetic and all the other great adjectives. After removal it has been down hill. Weight gain, pain, depression, pain, and more pain. After 2 years of fighting insurance I finally, on Tuesday, will being having a revision RNY. I am really happy to have my life back in order but these head games are getting to me. I know after surgery I will be back to being in less pain, which I can not wait for.

Is this normal? I don't have doubts...just my head wont shut off. My family is extremely supportive and that is not an issue.

Has anyone else gone through this? Maybe it is just that the liquid diet and IBS doesn't mix well either. :) Trying to keep an up spirit but it has been tough.

Thank you for listening. Just needed a quick minute to vent.

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

GmaDiana
on 4/4/17 8:29 am

It is hard getting through the mind games.I tried to focus more on the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.Challenging but it helps a lot.I had sleeve in 2011 and revision to bypass 2016,due toacid reflux issues..I have don great and not a problem.Hope this helps you.

Most Active
Recent Topics