Looking into VSG revision to DS

LapGyrl
on 4/3/17 8:24 am

Hi everyone,

I am so happy to find out that two DS surgeons (Roslin and Dakin) are considered in-network for my insurance. I was sleeved back in 2010 and now need revision due to regain. I really want to go back to Mexicali Bariatric Center but can't due to financial reasons. I thought in-network meant "near me" and there are no DS surgeons I trust in my immediate area. These MD are about 2.5 hours from me. I have been researching the two and I'm leaning towards Roslin. I have a call in to his office as well as my PCP for referral if needed. My PCP already voiced agreement of revision last year when I was considering being re-sleeved but the Bariatric center I went to said I didn't need it because my BMI wasn't high enough even though I was experiencing regain even then. I qualify now with a BMI of 37 but they don't have enough experience with the DS for me.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

YouTube channel Sleeve2DS 83

Pebblessmp
on 4/4/17 2:30 pm

Dr Gregory Dakin is fantastic, he's my doctor

LapGyrl
on 5/16/17 1:39 am

an update...

I had my first appt with Dr Roslin. He proposed going forth with the modified DS. I was going to have an upper GI the same day to evaluate my sleeve but the radiology dept didn't have any barium! So I have scheduled that at my primary hospital. Next steps include psych and nutrition consults. There will be a fight with my insurance but I will continue to update this thread. The issue is that my policy only covers bariatric procedures at my primary hospital but they don't perform the DS. Hoping for a smooth appeals process!

YouTube channel Sleeve2DS 83

Most Active
Recent Topics