Got appointment moved up to see doc re: revision. NERVOUS

mi75
on 4/12/17 10:23 am
VSG on 06/01/14

I was able to move my appointment WAY up to see the doc regarding revision. I'm super nervous because I see him in about 3.5 weeks. I'm happy to see what he has to say, but scared to death too.

I am joining a brand new gym tonight and nervous about that too, since other bariatric patients that I knew from my old doc's office also belong to that gym and will see that I've regained. Luckily, I am a serious night owl and will probably be there around midnight-2am. But...whatever. I have to worry about me, not what other patients think.

The doc suggested that I attempted to lose another 7-10 lbs before I have the appointment to see if the GERD improves at all, plus he will be doing an EGD about a week after I see him. I'll have to be off the PPI to have the EGD and that scares me most. When I've been off the med in the past I get serious reflux to the point of vomiting.

stacyrg
on 4/12/17 10:58 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I didn't have to be off my PPI for my EGD, but I did have to be off it for pH testing and Manometry (which sucked)

Magill2
on 4/12/17 7:08 pm

Help me understand. I had revision RNY on 02/02. My GERD was horrific. I was vomiting daily. What are PPI's?

stacyrg
on 4/12/17 11:46 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

Proton pump inhibitors. Medication that blocks acid production like omeprazole or protonix, etc

racemomss
on 4/13/17 6:51 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

I had my egd yesterday. I didn't have to be off my PPI either. I would have cried. Hope all goes well for you!!

mi75
on 4/13/17 9:24 am
VSG on 06/01/14

I have always needed to be off the PPI because of biopsy. 72 hours without med prior to EGD, and I've had an EGD every 6 months for the past 14 years. I can take Zantac and Tums only.

I have had positive biopsies in the past for Barrett's and PPIs can skew results.

However, those were always with my Gastroenterologist doing the scope, and this one my surgeon is doing, so we'll see.

Most Active
Recent Topics