Follow up from EGD..

racemomss
on 4/24/17 12:39 pm - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

This morning I had my follow up with the surgeon. We discussed the hiatal hernia, ulcers, reflux and NSAIDS. Looks like he is adding a med for the ulcer and I am now going to be taking my PPI 2 x a day. No more NSAIDS for my osteoarthritis :*( I am scared on that. I have an apt for my knee doctor tomorrow to discuss options. I have a follow up EGD in June to see if ulcer has healed. then if so the green light is on for surgery. I live on my ibuprofen prescription to make it to walk.. any others have advice??

MarianneJ54
on 4/24/17 1:09 pm - MO

There are many essential oils that could help with the arthritis. I would start with lavender oil. Also look into using Turmeric for help with the pain.

ValorieG
on 4/24/17 1:38 pm - Sacramento, CA

Yes, Tumeric is helpful! I take it every day.

racemomss
on 4/24/17 1:57 pm - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

Oh good to know! I just started with essential oils and that will be great expand too. Thank you!!

ValorieG
on 4/24/17 1:38 pm - Sacramento, CA

I had this surgery in 2003. I didn't have arthritis at the time but I sure do now and the only pain meds I can take for it are Norco. I truly miss my NSAIDS. Had I known how it would affect me I might have taken a different path. However, I don't regret my surgery. I initially lost 190 lbs. but have gained back some but I also have 2 beautiful children now that wouldn't have been possible prior to surgery. I think I can trade the pain for that. Good luck to you! Also, be super careful with the NSAIDS. I had a miscarriage and they gave me a suppository with NSAIDS in it and said it wouldn't affect me because I wasn't swallowing it. OMG, my stomach was on FIRE and I had to be given a prescription to counteract it. Again, good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics