Revision. RNY

hop2bthin
on 5/5/17 2:20 pm - Florence, AL

I had RNY July 2010 I have gained back about 50 lbs. How do I go about getting a RNY Revision. I'm back on b/p med etc. I'm very depressed about this weight gain I want to get the Revision before I gain more weight. Under a lot of stress about this.

hop2bthin

bruindiva92
on 5/6/17 8:55 am
Revision on 03/29/17

I would recommend you contact your original surgeon, if possible, and discuss your current health and possible revision. Only your surgical team can determine whether or not your are a candidate for a revision.

I had a revision from VSG to RNY on March 29 due to bile reflux and a hiatal hernia. I gained 30 pounds during a 6-month period. I am happy to say I am doing well.

Make an appointment to discuss your current weight & health challenges. In the meanwhile, take charge of your eating & get back to basics: track your food, make sure your meals are protein first, and get the fluids in. If you are taking in sugar and carbs, eliminate them. Look up the 5-day meat test here on OH (this is a great starting point).

Last, and certainly most important, know we all fall down and this is no indication of failure. Remember to LOVE you first.

Please, keep us updated.

hop2bthin
on 5/8/17 1:42 pm - Florence, AL

Thanks for your response I appreciate it. I'm so happy you are back on the right track keep in touch

bruindiva92
on 6/4/17 6:31 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

hop2bthin,

Just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing. How are you doing with your eating plan?

Starting tomorrow, the All Meat All Week menu starts on the RNY board. There is also the All Critters All Week menu which allows for milk, yogurt, cheese. Even if you wish not to participate, take a look at the menus. I am sure you can find ideas to help you jumpstart your weight loss.

Keep in touch.

Most Active
Recent Topics