Gastric Volvulus- surgery Monday

P goode
on 5/11/17 4:18 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 05/11/16

I have never been able to meet my protein or water goals easily, and I developed severe reflux after surgery which I understood was a risk. So I really wasn't too surprised when after vomiting off and on for the last 3 weeks I found out today my stomach has an expanded area that food goes into and gets stuck instead of going where it's supposed to. He said there is sort of a torsion to my stomach. Has anybody had a revision due to a twisted stomach?

Thanks, Paige

Done! Your Ticker:

"Long ago in a galaxy far away"- WT-325. Lap band WT-287. Sleeve WT- 220, SW- 215, CW-144

ShoreToLose
on 5/13/17 1:11 pm - Brick, NJ

Mine wasn't twisted, but my surgeon told me that a "second" stomach formed under the Stoma and that's why I was able to eat more. He made my pouch smaller, and cut out that candy cane (he calls it) where that second stomach formed. I don't know if u every saw the photos of an RNY after surgery. And he removed the old dormant stomach. So hopefully that will cut down on the Grehlin production. Basically a Sleeve without the pyloric valve. Oh, and it was my fault. I blame no one but myself.

1st Goal: 190 lbs. - Achieved 8/3/2010
2nd: Goal: 165 lbs. - `Achieved 11/2/2010
Most Active
Recent Topics