VBG to RNY

nativeprincess35
on 5/17/17 6:34 am

Well, I am back! I had the panni and a hernia repair back in 2014 that actually had me in hospital or a care center for 3 months. Complications from the pannilectomy. I have since learned the mesh used for the hernia repair has been "voluntarily" pulled from the market due to complications. I have had nothing but problems and pain since having that hernia repaired. I have about the equivalent of an 8x11 sheet of hernia mesh in me that might need to all be removed.

I have also learned in the last view months that a lot of patients with the VBG have had revisions to the DS or the RNY for further weight loss as the VBG are showing to have not been as successful. I have maintained a good part of my weight loss, though I seem to waver back and forth based on how active I can be. I now have a torn meniscus and been told my other knee is already eligible for full knee replacement but I am too young and way to heavy to seriously think about that. I switched clinics because my Dr had left and I came to a closer brand new clinic and they are the ones that have encouraged me to seek a revision.

I have already started the process. Did an informational meeting with a new group. (my old VBG clinic was rude and just not acceptable to me when I went to see about the panni surgery) I have met with a Bairatric Dr, have my first meetings set up with a psychologist and a nutritionist. While my insurance does not require all this, the program does. I don't mind, as I think it will only be more beneficial to have all the extra support this time around I didn't get last time.

I don't know what my highest weight was...as the clinic back then couldn't get weights on me. The highest I had seen to now is a 141 lb difference. I am still at least 150 lbs away from being out of the obese catagory, so I have a long ways to go!!!! I am ready though!

While my life has been better for the last 17 yrs since the VBG I am now ready for an even better life. Feel better, move so much better and know that I will be around a lot longer with less co-morbidities. I am ready!

Michelle

Most Active
Recent Topics