Failed RNY to VSG

4mygigigirl
on 7/8/17 7:36 pm

Has anyone had a failed RNY and then had a revision to a VSG? I am 10 years out and never lost even close to what was expected with my RNY. I did adhere to the eating protocol and visited my surgeon frequently. I think because he was relatively new to RNY, my pouch has always been too big. Thank you.

Christiel75
on 7/17/17 1:05 pm

I'm not sure about your doctor, but my doctor told me its not possible for someone who has had the RNY to go to the Sleeve. They can do a revision of the RNY though. Hope this helps.

airbender
on 7/22/17 7:58 am
On July 17, 2017 at 8:05 PM Pacific Time, Christiel75 wrote:

I'm not sure about your doctor, but my doctor told me its not possible for someone who has had the RNY to go to the Sleeve. They can do a revision of the RNY though. Hope this helps.

your dr is incorrect. it is possible to go from RNY to VSG or RNY to DS and I personally know more than 10 people who have had this performed with incredible success. This is performed by only a handful of surgeons.

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

NickM1267
on 10/5/17 7:34 am
RNY on 07/31/17

I was just reading your post and was wondering if you ended up having your revision.

Most Active
Recent Topics