Weird issues.. Anyone Else?

racemomss
on 7/14/17 1:51 pm - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

Soooo I am having a revision for Gerd, hyatial hernia, and gallbladder removed. I have a VSG currently almost 5 years out. I have gained 60 pounds back. for a while now whenever I eat I feel sick after. Like there is something in my throat and sitting down in my stomach. I get reflux at night bad where I get sick with stomach acid. I don't want to eat but get hungry then when I do I feel blah and want to lay down.. Am I crazy or does anyone else get this way?

unagordita
on 7/14/17 6:07 pm

I have the same issue, also gained 60lbs back from the sleeve surgery. I am scheduled for the rny on 8/28/17 I hope to get rid of the acid reflux. I don't get sick but my throat does hurt and it has been sore for about 3 weeks now.

bruindiva92
on 7/16/17 8:39 am
Revision on 03/29/17

I had the same symptoms with bile reflux and hiatal hernia. I felt food was sitting in my esophagus 24 hours a day and couldn't lie down at night.The revision eliminated all of this. I can now sleep without acid sitting in my throat.

You will feel better once you have the revision. Hang in there!

racemomss
on 7/17/17 12:33 pm - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

Thank you so much! I am concerned but hope to do better than I am now. I miss the smaller person I had gotten down to. I know they say the weight is slower this time but hey if I can feel better I will take the gradual weight loss...

bruindiva92
on 7/17/17 8:45 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

I was also told the weight loss would be much slower. I lost my 30 pound regain in 3 months. Needless to say, I was surprised. I can get back in my clothes now!

Don't worry too much. You know what to do. I am learning what my new pouch can tolerate and what it hates. The dumping due to carbs & sugar is very real for me. My eyes are literally bigger than my stomach and I have overeaten on occasion.

QC_Blondie
on 7/18/17 9:08 pm
Revision on 05/23/17

I had very similar symptoms before my revision. Now that I'm 8 weeks out I feel so much better and you will too! No more waking up at night choking on bile and feeling like your throat is on fire. Just hang in there and you'll be feeling better soon!

GmaDiana
on 7/27/17 6:14 pm

i used to feel that way too before my revision from sleeve to bypass.Part of that feeling can be your sleeve pushing back up your esophagus.This happens if hiatal hernia is present.I had my hiatal hernia repaired with the sleeve but it failed.They fixed that again when I had the bypass.Had sleeve in 2011 and revision Nov. 2016.Have lost 52 pounds since. Hope this helps.

racemomss
on 8/8/17 2:06 pm - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

I hope I am a success like you. I am so nervous. I am doing the food morning all over again...

Most Active
Recent Topics