BCBS Federal Weight/BMI requirement for qualification of revision

Virgie Tschirhart
on 7/15/17 9:10 pm - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17

Hi,

I went to my first doctor's appointment last Thursday, 7-13 and had my first Nutrition program appointment visit.

What weight/BMI does BCBS Federal require for your revision qualification?

• Your weight/BMI on your first visit to your WL surgeon seeking a revision

OR

• Your weight/BMI on the last day of your 90 days Nut program

I am going to call my dr. office on Monday and ask.

Thanks for replying!

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/16/17 10:51 am

Every insurance is different, so what anyone else have - may not be the same as your have.

You can call them or email and ask questions. Best to get thing in writing, since often what someone tells you on a phone is not correct. And getting things in writing - even email - gives you a record that you can use in case of dispute. Getting just verbal answer is not the same.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Virgie Tschirhart
on 7/17/17 10:43 pm - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17

Today I called the doctor's office & told me they will turn in all my weight records when it's time for approval:

• My weight showing a diagnosis of morbid obesity for a period of 2 years prior to surgery.
  • My weight on my first consultation date.
  • My weight during my nutritional program on each visit.

I also called BCBS Federal and they helped me on line to get a copy of my medical policy which states all the requirements for a revision.

Yes, I'm a firm believer on, it's always a good thing to have something in writing to cover your behind, just in case.

Thanks for your response and advice.

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

Most Active
Recent Topics