Rny Revision

Tisipoohbear
on 9/28/17 3:53 am - Richmond, VA

Had RNY 2009 but now I'm approved for revision. Down to 227....from day of RNY 360....but highest 450lbs. Not sure what to expect. Suggestions....advice please.

RHONDA

ljbarbara
on 9/28/17 6:17 pm

Are you being revised from RNY to DS? If not, what type of a revision is going to be done?

Original surgery: VSG Feb. 2009

REVISED TO RNY FEBRUARY 2016

Height: 5'7"

Start weight: 252. Current weight: 120

Tisipoohbear
on 9/28/17 8:21 pm - Richmond, VA

Revised as in making pouch smaller as I have stretched it somewhat.

RHONDA

Lyn S.
on 9/30/17 8:31 am - Flint, MI

Hi Tisipoohbear, I am hoping to get a revision too. I had my rny in 2002. Can I ask what the qualifications were for you to get approved where you live? I go on the 26th to have a consult. fingers crossed.

Tisipoohbear
on 10/16/17 3:55 pm - Richmond, VA

Honestly I didn't ask for the qualifications I just went in and said I need a revision, They did endoscopy and upper gi.....but he did tell me initially the insurance companies love that I kept so much off and was stuck at this point. It showed I was still trying.

RHONDA

Lyn S.
on 10/19/17 8:40 am - Flint, MI

I am so happy for you! I assume they did the upper gi and endoscopy to see what condition your stomach was in? Was it stretched?

ljbarbara
on 9/29/17 2:49 pm

I was revised from VSG to RNY which is different from the type revision you are having. All in all, I think the surgical experience is pretty much the same though. I did find the revision to be much easier than my original surgery. My surgeon said that was because I had already had stomach surgery and knew more what to expect. That really was true. In addition, I found I wasn't as timid about drinking and eating after the revision.

I hope this helps!

Original surgery: VSG Feb. 2009

REVISED TO RNY FEBRUARY 2016

Height: 5'7"

Start weight: 252. Current weight: 120

Tisipoohbear
on 9/29/17 3:10 pm - Richmond, VA

Thank you very much.

RHONDA

MayceMay
on 10/3/17 7:36 pm

I would love to hear more about the options for revision for RNY. I am in the same boat as you, but at this point I don't know which options are safe and viable. It seems everywhere I look to find out has different opinions. I'd love to hear any suggestions as to what to look for and where. I'm located in the Dallas/Ft Worth area, but just having info on procedures would help me. Thanks in advance!

Margaret55
on 10/4/17 7:40 am

I had RNY 13 years ago. I'm planning on a revision in February "18". They may go for a longer limb, along with tweaking the pouch and stoma. Going with a longer limb tho may require frequent visits to the bathroom, which I'm not to sure I would appreciate. Since I have been under the surgeons care and following todays rules of the pouch I have lost close to 40 lbs since July. There were a lot of things we were not informed about as far as post bariatric management 13 years ago. I definitely feel more informed now than ever. I lost with my 1st surgery slowly 130 lbs, never got to goal or even below 200 lbs. Then the cycle of gaining and loosing went on once again. I thought I may have wanted the bileopancreatic diversion but I really think that is much too risky after having an RNY. From what I'm told you need to totally undo the RNY and then go forward with the bileopancreatic diversion. I'm feeling confident that this time around I will get to where I need to be with all this new information available to me.

Most Active
Recent Topics