Revision VSG to RNY

mrmdlm01
on 10/23/17 7:26 am
RNY on 09/15/17 with

Hi Mamatothree,

I had the sleeve done in 2013 and recently had by bypass on 09/15/2017. It was a Once I decided to talk about the possibility of having the revision with my doctors, I heard the many different pros and cons of the procedure and how it would affect my life. I was dealing with Gerd, Type II diabetes, IBS with constipation, Lumbar Radiculopathy, Facet Joint Arthropathy, Disc Herniations, Fibramyalgia, Bursitis both hips, you name it I probably had it or would get it sooner or later. I was up to 15 pills a day with 3 different types of insulin. Today I can say I feel more alive than I have ever been, I am taking no medication. For me the revision was the best decision I made. I have lost 30 lbs to date and continue to work on my immediate goals.

Good luck, once you've made the decision you will see you are at peace and not stressed out. Review everything and let your doctor know your concerns. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Monique

msquetta1
on 1/31/18 6:57 pm
VSG on 09/30/15
On October 23, 2017 at 2:26 PM Pacific Time, mrmdlm01 wrote:

Hi Mamatothree,

I had the sleeve done in 2013 and recently had by bypass on 09/15/2017. It was a Once I decided to talk about the possibility of having the revision with my doctors, I heard the many different pros and cons of the procedure and how it would affect my life. I was dealing with Gerd, Type II diabetes, IBS with constipation, Lumbar Radiculopathy, Facet Joint Arthropathy, Disc Herniations, Fibramyalgia, Bursitis both hips, you name it I probably had it or would get it sooner or later. I was up to 15 pills a day with 3 different types of insulin. Today I can say I feel more alive than I have ever been, I am taking no medication. For me the revision was the best decision I made. I have lost 30 lbs to date and continue to work on my immediate goals.

Good luck, once you've made the decision you will see you are at peace and not stressed out. Review everything and let your doctor know your concerns. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Monique

Hi Monique. How is your weight loss progress since this post?

mrmdlm01
on 10/23/17 7:28 am
RNY on 09/15/17 with

Hi Mamatothree,

I had the sleeve done in 2013 and recently had by bypass on 09/15/2017. It was a difficult decision but once I decided to talk about the possibility of having the revision with my doctors, I heard the many different pros and cons of the procedure and how it would affect my life. I was dealing with Gerd, Type II diabetes, IBS with constipation, Lumbar Radiculopathy, Facet Joint Arthropathy, Disc Herniations, Fibramyalgia, Bursitis both hips, you name it I probably had it or would get it sooner or later. I was up to 15 pills a day with 3 different types of insulin. Today I can say I feel more alive than I have ever been, I am taking no medication. For me the revision was the best decision I made. I have lost 30 lbs to date and continue to work on my immediate goals.

Monique

Most Active
Recent Topics