Revision ???

White Dove
on 10/26/17 8:44 pm - Warren, OH

If you are revising from sleeve to DS, then the malabsorption will cause you to lose weight.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Donna L.
on 10/23/17 6:57 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Difficulty breathing, particularly shallow breathing, can be a symptom of untreated hypothyroidism, actually. You would need an experienced doctor to determine this.

Not taking thyroid meds can cause serious discomfort and damage. It can cause severe depression, cardiovascular damage, neurological side effects, severely slow metabolic rates, aod so forth. Often hypothyroidism is an autoimmune condition and so your thyroid will start growing nodules in the abscence of enough hormone. These can cause the thyroid to become even less efficient, and if they get big enough the risk of them being cancerous can go up, as well.

If your hypothyroidism is bad enough, and if you let it go long enough, eventually it's possible to develop myxedema which is really rare thankfully. Basically, your metabolism grinds to a halt and you may even fall into a coma.

You need to get back on thyroid meds ASAP no matter what the cost is.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Recent Topics