Lap Band to Sleeve or Bypass after 14 years of Band

angiehertel
on 11/2/17 9:43 am

I had the Band placed December of 2013. About four months ago zero restriction. Went in and got fill Monday. Nothing. I go back November 30 to talk about removal and Bypass or Sleeve. I'm freaking out. I lost 80 pounds total and I've gained 16 back.

Biddynz
on 11/3/17 9:59 pm
FobiPouch on 12/14/17

This happened to me and it was because the port broke and the fill fluid leaked out.

But it can be band erosion too - the band sort of eats into the stomach, so it doesn't pinch it off any more - food goes around it!

Your surgeon should be able to do tests to work out which - can they get fluid OUT of you band? The right amount? If so, then the port isn't leaking...

angiehertel
on 11/4/17 10:39 am

I meant banded in 2003. yes got fluid out but not amount that he showed was supposed to be in there.

ReplayQueen
on 11/14/17 8:41 am
VSG on 04/18/17

I had my band for over 15 yrs and just had a revision to "Sleeve" in April of this year. I had restriction taken away with the band almost 2 yrs ago. I've gained 55 or more lbs from the 130 lbs I lost with the band.

I had a revision in April and I've lost 42 lbs so far. I did think I'd lose it faster but my dr told me that I won't lose as fast as those having the Sleeve as their first bariatric surgery.

I believe it's different for everyone....every "body" is different. I used to swear by the band but I have to admit I don't hear such long lasting results. I was pretty stable for over 10 yrs though.....

Please keep me updated on what you end up doing....good luck!

Deb

ReplayQueen

Most Active
No preop diet
Kathy8429 · 3 replies · 97 views
Sleeve to bypass with Medicare
LizzyM · 0 replies · 80 views
Recent Topics